Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you'll find yourself in the company of some of the industry's smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Project Manager, Fraud Strategy & Analytics Job Description
This is a mission-critical role within the Discover Card Fraud Strategy Management team. Responsibilities include analyzing large amounts of account and transactional data to develop and improve processes, models, and rules to manage fraud losses while balancing customer experience. The role requires a special focus on developing and enhancing customer segments, profiles and behavioral attributes that will take fraud detection capabilities to next level and leverage Real Time decision platform such as SAS Fraud Manager.
- Development and implementation of best-in-class fraud detection analytics that leverages real time customer and transactional data.
- Develop an extensive set customer segments, profiles and behavioral attributes and leverage these in fraud prevention strategies and rules in Real Time SAS decision platform.
- Work closely with Business Technology, Decision Management and Infrastructure teams to prioritize and push forward projects that will enhance the attribute set and data sources available for fraud decisioning on SAS Fraud Manager
- Develop account level as well as device level decision frameworks to support business strategies working closely with a broad range of business partners.
- Identify and explore new approaches and data sources to support improvements to existing and new programs.
- Develop/run effective strategy performance tracking ensuring that strategies are performing as expected and feedback learnings into strategy and / or policy changes in a timely manner.
- Establish and build strong effective working relationships with a range of business partners, particularly operations, Discover Network and other Credit Risk Management partners.
- Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Candidate will be expected to have a strong analytical background and a proven track record of utilizing advanced analytics and machine learning techniques in solving business problems. Fraud prevention strategy experience would be a plus. Detailed requirements include:
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in analytics/strategy roles preferably in financial services industry.
- Results orientation with energy, drive, commitment, and resilience to excel in a collaborative and open business environment.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Evidence of successfully leading, inspiring and empowering a team of analysts.
- Extensive SAS and SQL programming skills, preferably in multiple environments.
- Proficient in use of MS Office.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operation Research, Economics, Engineering or a related quantitative field required; M.S. / Ph.D strongly preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.