Discover Network operates the third largest electronic payments network in the world and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Discover facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities. We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our clients use to develop and offer prepaid card access programs to cardholders. Discovers card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in over 100 countries and territories.
This position is responsible for supporting and growing existing relationships with our prepaid partnerships team. The role requires a highly motivated individual who can actively build strong relationships with an existing portfolio of clients since the position is responsible for creating effective business plans to increase transaction volume and revenue; increasing network loyalty and client satisfaction. The ideal candidate must have strong leadership skills and come up with innovative solutions for day-to-day development issues, supporting existing client accounts in meeting sales objectives. Must be proficient with office applications such as excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint and use Word for the creation of proposals.
* Support existing book of clients by building upon the success of our existing partner relationships
* Demonstrate the ability to think strategically and analytically about opportunities, while representing the organization in the prepaid payments ecosystem
* Consult with Business Development Managers in client development
* Accountable for identifying needs, securing commitments and monitoring progress of deliverables from internal and external business partners
* Domestic travel up to 25% is required
* Discover promotes a risk-aware culture and ensures efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
* Bachelors Degree (or equivalent experience)
* 5 years of experience in payments within relationship management or customer success roles
* High energy with the ability to drive results
* Strong relationship building including senior level relationships and ability to influence without authority
* Demonstrated thought leadership and experience working with payment companies
* Effective communication skills with all levels of employees and Sr. management for both internal and external business partners
* Well-developed troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
* Ability to quickly grasp business / technical concepts and translate opportunities within finance, risk / policy and legal for multi-faceted opportunities
#LI-RB1 We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.