About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
The candidate who fills this role will join the company Global Privacy Office within the company legal division and assume responsibility for successfully performing all program and project management activities associated with maintaining and enhancing an effective global privacy program.
This involves full life cycle management of initiatives that are foundational and essential to building and maintaining a privacy program, including incident response. The role includes coordination with lawyers and other subject matter experts, planning, execution, rollout and support of projects.
The successful candidate will excel at cross-functional coordination and ability to provide oversight across multiple projects to ensure overall program and project goals are met. Responsibilities include:
• Create and execute project plans; revise and quickly manage change as appropriate to meet evolving needs and requirements.
• Manage project schedules, identify possible issues and clearly communicate project status in order to minimize risk of missing deadlines.
• Identify resource needs and define responsibilities and priorities.
• Provide monitoring, tracking and reporting, with emphasis on the early identification and resolution of risks to project goals.
• Collaborate with stakeholders internationally in defining and managing project plans.
• Coordinate with internal and external subject matter experts, including outside counsel and consultants.
• Identify and implement solutions and areas for improvement in the privacy program.
The role also involves management and remediation of privacy incidents including:
• Triage and analysis of incidents reported to privacy office, to ensure appropriate response and escalation.
• Complex in-depth investigations of privacy incidents.
• Management of breach notification efforts including coordination with outside vendors.
• Maintain privacy office database of information incidents.
• Support for executive-level information incident response team. (This includes coordinating training to ensure readiness, as well as managing execution of incident response in accordance with the company incident response plan.)
Other ongoing day-to-day operational activities required to support the management of an effective privacy program including creating reports and documentation; improving tools and processes; managing alignment across information security, business technology and other units. The successful candidate will work well within a team environment and be able to effectively interface with all levels of management including executives.
• At least 5 years of experience, preferably in a multi-national company
• Direct work experience in project management required
• Direct work experience in privacy or compliance is highly desirable
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Qualification in project management or equivalent
• Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
• Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
• Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) helpful but not required
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.