In alignment with the Tufts Health Plan mission, "to improve the health and wellness of diverse communities," the Business Diversity Project Manager I is responsible for leading and implementing the Business Diversity projects, in conjunction with Commercial, Senior Product and Public Plans lines of business stakeholders and business owners, in support of the company's goal to increase its footprint with diverse consumers and communities. Essential functions occur simultaneously, therefore, the Business Diversity Project Manager I must be able to manage multiple projects, timelines, and seek assistance when necessary. The Business Diversity Project Manager I role requires strong project management and organizational skills and experience developing senior-level presentations, developing project plans, communication skills, as well as a solid understanding of effective data display methods. The Project Manager I will also provide regular project and program related updates to stakeholders. The Project Manager I will also be expected to assist in the development and monitoring of the Business Diversity program.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS* (in order of importance)
Project Management responsibilities:
* Manage all phases of Business Diversity projects to ensure goals and objectives are met within the established timeframes.
* Lead cross-functional team members and team leads on projects of significant complexity.
* Proactively identify conflict/integration issues and lead team members to parse and synthesize issues of highest complexity, including cost/benefit analysis and resource estimating.
* Responsible for escalating project issues following the project's organizational structure and pro-actively identifying and analyzing options for solutions.
* Regularly review status of project and modify schedule as necessary.
* Oversee and facilitate project team meetings.
* Evaluate the cost and feasibility of multiple alternatives to resolve project issues and make recommendations to best meet project objectives.
* Work in collaboration with other project managers, stakeholders, and Business Diversity team members.
* Effectively resolve roadblocks to project progress.
* Influence the owner, sponsor, steering committee and other appropriate senior management to participate in the project as needed.
* Demonstrate a willingness and proficiency for involvement at a high level, managing the overall project, while providing "hands on" assistance in specific project deliverables.
* Manage vendors, including quality and timeliness of deliverables.
* Conduct analysis to support Business Diversity initiatives. Participate in product/process audits as required
* Conduct market research to support various elements of the Business Diversity strategy
* Develop concise summaries of research and analyses for various audiences, including senior leadership -- formats may include Power Point presentations, Excel models and graphs, infographics for presentation to larger company-wide audiences, position papers, etc
* Support other activities within Business Diversity as required