The Project Manager II will lead a cross-functional team responsible for managing Engineering activities required to fulfill commitments for an airline customer program. The role requires excellent communication skills, ability to see the u201cbig pictureu201d and ability to direct efforts appropriately on prioritized tasks. Responsibilities include the following:
• Participate in the development and analysis of customer requirements.
• Identify all customer deliverables which may include production items (mechanical, electronic and/or electromechanical assemblies), software, media, customer racks, documentation and systems.
• Identify internal deliverables which may include plans, schedules and other documents, prototypes, test equipment, software, test racks and more.
• Identify and secure resources required for all project tasks.
• Lead the team to establish a comprehensive, end-to-end project plan and schedule to which the team has u201cbuy-inu201d.
• Maintain and manage to the project plan and schedule.
• Lead the team to coordinate design, development, documentation, integration, test and certification activities across functional groups to meet committed deliverables to customer schedule, cost and technical requirements.
• Coordinate the procurement and selection of parts, materials and components with suppliers.
• Manage third party development.
• Coordinate pre-production and design transfer to manufacturing.
• Coordinate initial customer deliveries.
• Apply standard techniques, procedures, processes and criteria to engineering assignments.
• Conduct well planned, effective meetings which drive actions.
• Continual process improvement.
Panasonic Avionics connects the business and pleasure of flying. We design, develop, manufacture, and install customized in-flight entertainment and communications (IFEC) solutions that positively impact the airline's business, based on their specific fleet, brand, and operations requirements.
We use broadband connectivity to connect an airline's IFE system to their marketing and maintenance organizations. Our global turnkey support organization delivers proactive maintenance and repair services that ensure maximum system reliability, availability, and performance. We deliver more than entertainment systems. We deliver business solutions.
• B.S. degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field of study.
• Minimum 15 years of software and/or hardware engineering development experience (LINUX & EMBEDDED C / C++).
• At least 10 years of experience in project management of software, electronics, mechanics, and/or circuit design Must have excellent communication skills MS Office 2003 & MS Project.
Location/Division: 26200 Enterprise Way, Lake Forest, CA 92630, USA Job Requisition: 1502678
A little about us:
Our people are the driving force behind passengers’ amazing entertainment experience and customers’ robust business platform.