Project Manager II
The Project Manager II will lead a cross-functional team responsible for managing Engineering activities required to fulfill commitments for our GCS products. The role requires excellent communication skills, ability to see the u201cbig pictureu201d and ability to direct efforts appropriately on prioritized tasks. Responsibilities include the following:
• Participate in the development and analysis of system and customer requirements, with a focus on connectivity solutions.
• Identify all customer deliverables which may include production items (mechanical, electronic and/or electromechanical assemblies), software, media, customer racks, satellite network equipment, documentation and systems.
• Identify internal deliverables which may include plans, schedules and other documents, prototypes, test equipment, software, test racks and more.
• Identify and secure resources required for all project tasks.
• Lead the team to establish a comprehensive, end-to-end project plan and schedule to which the team and Executives have u201cbuy-inu201d.
• Maintain and manage to the project plan and schedule.
• Lead the team to coordinate design, development, documentation, integration, test and certification activities across functional groups to meet committed deliverables to customer schedule, cost and technical requirements.
• Coordinate the procurement and selection of parts, materials and components with suppliers.
• Manage third party development and author third party contracts and SOWs as needed.
• Coordinate pre-production and design transfer to manufacturing.
• Coordinate initial customer deliveries.
• Apply standard techniques, procedures, processes and criteria to engineering assignments.
• Possess a strong team building skill that allows you to lead people from other groups for which you do not have authority.
• Drive Program/Project milestone reviews and meeting.
• Conduct well planned effective meetings which drive actions.
• Continual process improvement.
• Independent problem solving skills, must be well-balanced with understanding of system/business verse customer goals to ensure the best technical and business solution is reached.
Panasonic Avionics connects the business and pleasure of flying. We design, develop, manufacture, and install customized in-flight entertainment and communications (IFEC) solutions that positively impact the airline's business, based on their specific fleet, brand, and operations requirements.
We use broadband connectivity to connect an airline's IFE system to their marketing and maintenance organizations. Our global turnkey support organization delivers proactive maintenance and repair services that ensure maximum system reliability, availability, and performance. We deliver more than entertainment systems. We deliver business solutions.
• B.S. degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field of study.
• Minimum 15 years of software and/or hardware engineering development experience (LINUX & EMBEDDED C / C++).
• At least 10 years of experience in project management of software, electronics, mechanics, and/or circuit design. Must have excellent communication skills MS Office 2003 & MS Project.
• Technical understanding of In-Flight Entertainment systems and its related components.
• Strong knowledge of Aviation or related industry
• Familiarity with Satellite Systems, Modems, Ground infrastructure and Networks.
• DVB-S2/S2X, TDMA, SCPC
• Automatic Beam Switching
• Antenna theory and design
• Familiarity with RF Communications and/or Inflight Connectivity Systems a plus.
• Working knowledge of 3G/LTE Cellular standards, backbones, and infrastructure. Location/Division: 26200 Enterprise Way, Lake Forest, CA 92630, USA Job Requisition: 1602549