The Project Manager II, Engineering manages capital execution of projects in the Business Unit in the areas of maintenance, innovation, capability, capacity, process improvement, facilities construction and infrastructure development. The role is responsible for the development of project plans, estimation of costs, coordination of vendors, and execution of projects through start-up at agreed performance levels (time, cost, performance, etc.). In addition, the role is responsible for communicating and aligning with Supply Chain Team's on projects, priorities, and time-tables. Further, this role partners with many of the CCNA planning organizations as SME's to provide cost, timing, and feasibility estimates, in order to develop business cases and to drive change. POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Project Management
- Manage multi-year projects within CCNA
- Manage a portfolio of projects (numerous concurrent projects)
- Utilize professional project management practices and resources to develop, control, and execute projects
- Execute project plans ensuring project scope, timing, and budget goals are met.
- Lead the development of the projects agreeing to projects, priorities, and timing with CCNA teams as lead.
- Manage regular communication routines with Plant Engineers and Plant Managers to insure alignment and awareness
- Collaborate with Safety, Quality, Environmental, Planning and Logistics, Manufacturing, Procurement, Legal, Operational Excellence, Real Estate and others to insure appropriate internal checks and hand-offs in successful project execution.
- Work with local municipalities, government agencies, and utilities to obtain permits and gain design approval for greenfield construction and the renovation/expansion of existing infrastructure.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to develop cost and timing estimates for the business case development of large projects
- Collaborate with the Platform Engineering Directors for the deployment Strategic initiatives and infrastructure projects.
- Provide expertise in Facilities management and construction to ensure operating efficiencies at production and distribution sites.
- Create and/or assemble facility specifications and communicate them to vendors and internal customers. Lead and facilitate bid reviews and vendor selection
- Provide capability in warehousing/distribution processes and facilities management
Utilize change management methodologies to drive and affect change within the CCNA and to manage project implementation. EDUCATION LEVEL REQUIRED
Bachelor's degree in engineering or related discipline. EDUCATION LEVEL PREFERRED
Master's degree in Engineering or Business
- Speaking/Presenting - Clearly articulate ideas, opinions, feelings and information in technical presentations and speeches so that the intended purpose is achieved and the needs of the audience are met.
- Collaborating - Work effectively with others to achieve positive results.
- Thinking Analytically - Summarize information concisely and clearly identify key elements, patterns, results, or relationships. Utilizing data to draw conclusions and make fact based decisions.
- Thinking Creatively - Generate innovative "out of the box" approaches and improved solutions that help create incremental gains in manufacturing results.
- Prioritizing - Coordinate and organize resources and people in efficient and effective ways to accomplish larger strategies and goals.
- 5 year of manufacturing, engineering, maintenance, facility management or construction experience in the Food Goods industry, preferably in beverages.
- Demonstrated management of a portfolio of projects, including responsibility for cost, timing, and delivery of projects.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Computer Skills - Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access with experience developing spreadsheet models, relational databases, and presentations.
- Formalized project planning - utilizing tools and process to develop and track a project
- Facility/Technology management - Facility Construction/modification, process improvement and/or machinery utilized in the beverage and distribution industry.
- Change Management - utilizing tools and processes to drive and manage change.
CERTIFICATION(S) AND LICENSE(S)
Certified project management
Ability to review and oversee the actual physical installation work on the plant floor/site.
ENVIRONMENT / WORKING CONDITIONS
Combination of office and production/distribution environment
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top