Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Plan, manage, and execute varied software development, customization, or IT systems development projects. Gather information at front end to determine project parameters and specifications, and to budget human, financial and other resources. May provide technical oversight to some staff and track attainment of project milestones. Report on progress and budget expenditures to project owners. KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Meet with application owners, application developers and analysts, coding staff and the like to determine business needs and functionalities desired for new or revised application.
- Plan course of relatively large or complex project(s), including milestones, resources needed in the form of staff hours, budget, use of technology and tools and document in project plan, following established project management methodology.
- Track course of project from meetings, conferring with developers, and receiving reports. Update project plan as needed. Document changes to scope or functionalities with change ticket, project plan, or other format.
- Assess compliance of development process with accepted methodology and communicate to responsible managers or staff. Document exceptions or deviations as needed. Convene meetings and plan agenda to ensure important issues are aired and resolved.
- Report on progress of project, use of staff, $ expenditures, progress on milestones and the like to application owners.
- Provide guidance to project staff; may manage staff of analysts who are developing technical specifications or developers who are coding. May plan, document, manage and evaluate staff performance, or contribute to evaluation by their managers.
- Contribute to professional or technical development of less experienced staff by mentoring or training.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6 years of related experience
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.