PetSmart's Information Technology team is currently seeking a Project Manager with experience in managing and delivering infrastructure and system projects including server/compute, security, networking, and database solutions in an on-premise and cloud environment.
This position will engage with IT management, technical project teams, and business partners to manage the day to day delivery of infrastructure projects for our Stores, Distribution Centers, Data Centers and Home Offices.
You'll mentor project teams to leverage the PetSmart IT Services Development Lifecycle (SDLC) built on industry practices for modified waterfall, scrum techniques, and kanban techniques.
This career would appeal to people who:
- Have Information System experience in a key retail technology arena with a focus on infrastructure.
- Have a blend of business acumen, large-scale IT system know-how, governance and operations in a project environment.
- Have experiencing working in a IT organization that leverages agile and traditional project delivery methodologies.
- Enjoy an environment that is transparent, collaborative and negotiating solutions is based on "best solution" wins.
- Proactively converts project ambiguities to action and manage conflict.
- Have excellent communication skills, and can explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people can understand
- Have the ability to independently problem solve and be self-directed
PEOPLE & TEAM INFLUENCE
- Manages highly complex, cross functional projects impacting the enterprise. Ensures clear deliverables and expectations for the project.
- Experienced in complex scenario, use case development and decomposition needed in an enterprise setting from stories through functional and nonfunctional requirements.
- Develops relevant project artifacts as defined by PetSmart's IS Services Development Lifecycle (SDLC) to foster transparency on schedule, costs, risks, resource utilization through communications and demonstrations.
- Strong knowledge of project system environment management; Integrations, Implementation (design, dev, QA), Change Management, Training and coordination of environment utilization.
- Anticipates issues and risks implementing preventative measures to avoid them, leads project teams to identify issues, and risks, actively manages open risks & issues to resolution, and seeks assistance when appropriate
- Supports the definition of quality in projects they lead; drives for appropriate controls, and defines strategies to ensure implementation success with peer organizations.
- Develops strong relationships within IT, across PetSmart's business areas, and with key technology deployment vendors
- Can adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Demonstrates extensive abilities as a project team leader: supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENT
- Facilitates financial objectives by forecasting requirements
- Knowledge of IT Capital and Expense budgeting and spend processes leveraging SAP.
- May drive contracts/SOWs, oversees budgets; review expenditures and partner to analyzing variances
- Experience depth with program and project, change and release management methodologies with a proven record of large scale implementations requiring hands on operational responsibility.
- Strong project management tool kit, can easily hit the ground running in Agile/Scrum and Waterfall environment.
- Technical infrastructure knowledge for key capabilities like networking, security, compute/servers in both a retail and enterprise environment
- 5+ years IS experience required in an enterprise level organization.
- 3+ years of highly complex project management and management experience required.
- Project Budget responsibilities $3 -$5M required.
- PMP, ACP, Scrum Master, ITIL, Lean or other project management certifications with demonstrable application desired.
- Required knowledge of business process modeling methods.
- Experienced with project management software tools: Planview, Atlassian (Jira, Confluence, HipChat); MS Project; Microsoft Office Suite.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field required. MBA preferred.
- Prefer experience in the following or similar infrastructure technologies:
- Server and Compute - UCS; VMware; IBM pSeries
- Storage - EMC; Pure
- Network - Cisco; F5; Wireless
- Database - Oracle; SQL Server
- Cloud - Azure; O365
- Other - Active Directory; OKTA/Identity Management
A little about us:
If you're a devoted pet parent or an animal lover, you'll find a company that truly supports its associates and empowers them to succeed. Join us to help create a better world for pets and our pet parents.