Are you looking for a paid summer position that will enhance your marketability and place you in the lead for a fulltime opportunity upon graduation?
- Career & Skill Development
- Involvement in Projects with a Direct Impact on the Organization
Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE "green" escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
Otis Elevator, the worldwide leader in elevator maintenance, modernization, and installation is seeking summer intern candidates for assignments in Los Angeles and Seattle. These internship assignments will begin in the summer of 2018.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help ensure that we capitalize on current market conditions
- These are PAID internship positions ranging from 20 - 40 hours/week
- Support our operations team with the management of new equipment projects
- Contract review and analysis, project scheduling, budget and cost analysis, material ordering and tracking, file management, document control, review of construction plans and layouts, trade coordination, engineering and design support, progress reporting, client relations, and participating in training classes and company sponsored events
- Must be motivated self-starters, have excellent communication skills and demonstrate an interest in pursuing business management in the construction industry
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment is a must
- Must currently be pursuing a bachelor's degree
- Emphasis in business or engineering is preferred, but not required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
A little about us:
Otis Elevator Company is the world's largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways - a constant, reliable name for more than 160 years.