Prudential is seeking a Project Manager of Continuous Improvement and Technology Development within Internal Audit with a proven track record of leading large, complex initiatives that include process integration, technology requirements and strong business connectivity. You must be resilient and flexible to meet the high demands of a continuous improvement culture within the complexities of a large, established company.
With deep project management expertise, strong working knowledge of internal audit methodology and practice and an ownership mentality, you must be able to seamlessly marry project management disciplines across projects spanning process improvement, methodology enhancement and technology development. You must be a strong team player with exceptional attention to detail, strong communication skills and the ability to operate at both a strategic and tactical level. Candidate should have the ability to challenge and drive initiative owners and hold them accountable to budget and time constraints.
You will work directly for the Head of Continuous Improvement, who will report to the head of Practice Risk and Continuous Improvement in the Internal Audit Department. You have an opportunity to work in an exciting and engaging, agile startup environment where you will be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries, share new ideas, and, most importantly, have fun.
Prudential is a company of smart, ambitious professionals working together to create a better future for our customers and our communities around the globe. As one of the most recognizable financial services companies in the world, our employees are building on our 140-year history of financial strength with a focus on innovation and transformation to meet tomorrow’s most complicated challenges. We are committed to growth and development of every single employee, and we see our business success as a direct result of our talent.
The Internal Audit Department serves to protect the Company by improving the management of risks and the effectiveness of the control environment at the business, function and enterprise levels through valued independent assessments and advice on governance, risk and control. Our structure mirrors the business system which allows us to view risks vertically and horizontally – providing opportunities to generate value within and across our businesses and corporate functions. Internal Audit is currently 2 years into a 5 year continuous improvement program focused on enhancing all aspects of the department to ensure it remains a leading edge financial services Internal Audit program. Responsibilities:
- Accountable for delivering highly technical programs and projects which include large/complex/cross-functional strategic and/or technical initiatives.
- Provide core project management expertise for the full lifecycle of initiatives. Efforts include but not limited to: project planning, initiation, resourcing, execution, monitoring, control and completion.
- Provide timely, accurate and relevant project and program reporting. Ensure projects are delivered within the defined scope, quality, time and cost requirements.
- Work with multiple stakeholders across teams and across initiatives.
- Establish strong business partnerships within and outside of the Internal Audit Department to resolve issues quickly and advance efforts expeditiously.
- Facilitate engagement with internal and external stakeholders, ensure strategic alignment, have clear understanding of project goals and focus on delivering meaningful outcomes.
- May include management responsibility of other project managers including employees and consultants as well as on-shore and off-shore resources.
- 5 years Project Management experience
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Experience with Internal Audit methodology, regulatory requirements and processes
- Proven track record of managing complex, highly technical projects across functions and business lines.
- Ability to balance structure and flexibility, with a drive toward results and accountability
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong executive presence and experience dealing with senior business leaders
- Well-developed leadership, management and strategic-thinking skills, with the ability to excite and lead others in a highly collaborative environment
A little about us:
Prudential was founded on the belief that being financially prepared is a right, not a privilege.