Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve, our ability to perform and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization. We’re dedicated to serving the financial needs of those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and research fields, and committed to helping make lifetime financial well-being possible for them.
By building a culture that allows all employees to contribute their unique talents and skills, we’re able to provide our customers with fresh ideas and distinct perspectives to help them achieve their goals. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is one of our greatest strengths and a key measure of our success
For more information about TIAA, visit our website.
- Creates appropriate project documentation, balances stakeholder needs, and effectively negotiates tradeoffs between scope, schedule, and budget
- Schedule Management - creates, manages, and understands impacts to project scope, constraints, and schedule. Performs critical path analysis
- Cost Management - develops, monitors, and assesses project budgets through the entire project life cycle providing full transparency to stakeholders
- Communication Management - creates and manages communications with stakeholders providing relevant details for informing and decision making in the enterprise status report
- Risk & Issue Management - identifies and creates mitigation plans for risks and issues. Utilizes available tools for identifying and tracking issues such as the Delivery Risk Assessment, risk workshops, and Clarity
- Resource Management - identifies appropriate staff, defines roles and responsibilities, develops project organization chart and governance structure
- Quality Management - identifies relevant quality standards and defines governance, communication, and quality processes
- Change Request Management - identifies and develops strategy for changes in scope, schedule, and cost
- Implementation and Transition Management - creates transition plan, identifies lessons learned, and applies the lessons learned to future projects
- Integration Management - identifies and manages project and program interdependencies
- 5 or more years Project Management experience
- 5 or more years Financial Analyst experience
- 2 or more years institutional retirement experience (401(a), 403(b), 457(b))
- Experience managing project resources with Clarity
- Financial Services industry experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and/ or equivalent work experience
- 7 or more years Project Management experience
- 5 or more years retirement industry experience
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Customer service focus
- PMP certification strongly preferred but not required
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
A little about us: