POSITION PURPOSE: The Project Manager for Merchandise Marketing will support marketing through the coordination and execution of national marketing initiatives. He/she will partner with merchants and cross-functional marketing teams to understand product priorities; provide creative direction and assets, and secure appropriate approvals in accordance with production timelines. The Project Manager will be responsible for the internal and external report out of marketing programs and project status. He/she will also be accountable for budget tracking and management of specific campaigns.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 20%-Partner with Supervisor to develop strategic marketing campaigns and communication objectives at the department level including department led events and major product launches. Meet with suppliers and vendor partners to understand marketing priorities and facilitate vendor-funded campaigns.
- 20%-Work with merchants to understand product priorities and strategic initiatives for marketing and off shelf merchandising. Partner with Leaders to develop presentations for quarterly pitch meetings based on merchant and MVP input. Track sales and manage media allocation for MAP and product priorities.
- 25%-Partner with marketing coordinator and cross channel functional teams to execute various base and vendor-funded marketing initiatives across paid, and owned and earned channels by providing creative direction and securing creative assets in accordance with production timelines. Seek necessary merchant approvals.
- 25%-Develop reporting documents used for internal weekly updates. Maintain a department marcom to track and manage marketing activity by week. Track and record competitive activity by each Fiscal Week. Report out on marketing and competitive activity during internal status updates and merchant staff meetings.
- 10%-Partner with Sr. Manager and Merchants to invest incremental vendor dollars on marketing campaigns that maximize return on ad spend. Work with Marketing Finance to manage vendor-funded campaign budgets. Maintain report to track allocation of funds.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- This position reports to Sr Manager or Manager
- This position has up to 3 Direct Reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS Environment:
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable. Travel:
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!