Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you'll find yourself in the company of some of the industry's smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Project Manager - Platform Development, Portfolio
The Product Owner (PO) is a critical position in the agile world. The PO will support the drive for sales and receivables goals by managing initiatives in the Portfolio tower. The person in this role must have an understanding of the business challenges to be addressed while championing the cardmember user experience. Previous Business Technology project management and digital experience is preferred.Key responsibilities include:
- Development of business/project user stories (requirements)
- Day to day engagement with the agile tower team
- Helps to remove barriers/ blockers for technology projects
- Responsible for making decisions to maximize value delivered by scrum team
- Actively participates in agile demos
- Ensure a stellar cardmember user experience
- Create, prioritize and maintain product backlog.
Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- 5+ years of marketing experience
- Prior experience successfully managing cross-functional projects
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Results-oriented with demonstrated ability to deliver results in a timely fashion
- Ability to apply creative and strategic solutions to solve business challenges, to develop new ideas and to gain buy-in
- Attention to detail
- Ability to show initiative with minimal guidance
- Creative thinker willing to consider various solutions to a problem
- Flexibility to handle rapid change and multiple tasks at once
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including the ability to influence others
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.