Project Manager - Power Generation
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Cummins delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Braintree MA for a Power Generation Project Manager.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
Skills and Experience Required:
- You'll be a customer facing project manager who assumes ownership of project once handed over by sales. Translates project information from beginning to end, including system setup, technical support, service management and financial management.
- Ensures relevant work orders such as sales orders, work orders, and purchase orders created.
- Manages logistics by releasing orders to Cummins and external vendors.
- Provides technical support to customers, identifies areas for advanced support, works with advanced support stakeholders to provide solutions.
- Works with service department to schedule startups and other testing.
- Monitors project finances. Collaborates with customers, vendors (internal and external) to ensure project deliverables are on schedule and project revenues are as forecasted.
- Ensures the project is being managed with strict compliance to all processes.
- Maintains and updates project in Business Management System (BMS), project workbook and other project management related portals/tools in a timely fashion.
- Maintains project files (electronically and hard copies). Monitors and communicates project status to major stake holders.
- Maintains project notes, databases, and other records; monitors measures and regularly updated the functional excellence leader and other stakeholders on status of specific projects and assignments.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Issue Management - Maintains a cross-functional project issues list, with appropriate prioritization based on the issue's level of importance. Drives appropriate and timely resolution and approval of changes to the project plan.
- Scope Management - Solicits and organizes customer requirements (Voice of the Customer), and tracks the status of project deliverables. Uses a Value Package Profile (VPP) or other appropriate scope-defining document, and manages change. Manages the connections between multiple levels of scope detail in related additional documents (e.g. Tech Profiles or equivalent documents).
- Schedule Management - Develops and maintains a cross-functional schedule. Proficient at one or more schedule management tools. Knows the right level of detail needed to use the tool effectively.
- Resource Plan Management - Develops and manages a cross-functional resource plan for a project. Knows the right level of detail needed to complete the processes and use the tools effectively.
- Stakeholder Management And Communication - Identifies, engages and manages stakeholders on a project or groups of projects. Overcomes obstacles and resistance among stakeholders. Effectively stratifies stakeholder needs and creates and executes communications plans to fit the unique needs of each type of stakeholder.
- Business Planning/Strategy - Familiar with tools for financial analysis and its relevance. Knows when, where, and how to get assistance.
- Cross-Functional Knowledge - Understands the more detailed hand-offs between functional areas on a project, and knows the detailed work of at least one functional area.
- Project Risk Management - Leads teams in the development of a project FMEA and/or 9-box project risk summary, and identifies and manages the actions to mitigate the risk.
Compensation and Benefits
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related disciple required.
- Minimum three (3) years of relevant project management experience is required.
- Experience in power generation industry is highly preferred.
- Experience in a customer facing role is highly preferred
Base Salary commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.