We are currently looking for a Project Manager/Pre-Press Technician for an entertainment company/ advertising agency in the New York area. Must have expert experience using the Adobe Creative Suite. Must have a good understanding of pre-press layouts required for plating and digital press layouts. We require someone with a strong understanding of the printing process and willingness to learn our automated workflows.
- Prep supplied files for print production
- Generate both digital and printed color proofs
- Ability to complete some graphic artist tasks such as file edits and revisions in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Quark Xpress
- Ability to do simple retouching extend bleeds and minor color adjustments using Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to interact with project team and client on file issues
- Ability to QC (Quality Check) files against digital and/or physical proofs
- Ability to package proofs, deliver and ship digital and printed files to appropriate vendors and clients
- Accurately keep track of time using proprietary job tracking software
- Open/Update job tickets as additional rounds of revisions come in.
- Ability to operate or learn to operate large format scanner in up time.
- Assist project managers with educating clients in regards to possible issues and appropriate solutions.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.