The Public Sector Project Manager is responsible for the day to day delivery of the Kronos product suite. The Project Manager is expected to manage all stages of the implementation life cycle, as well as all project resources. The Project Manager will also have some responsibility to support Public Sector financial forecasting through successful management of project budget(s).
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Act as Primary customer liaison for all implementation related tasks.
- Demonstrated expertise in all facets of Project management lifecycle, including but not limited to, requirements gathering, staff management, budget management, issue and risk mitigation, and status reporting.
- Act as a 'People Developer' or 'mentor' to internal colleagues. Assist in continued development in best practices and employee development.
- Set performance goals for project team or work unit.
- Monitor project and/or personnel performance, checking actual performance against planned performance to ensure technical, schedule, and budget goals are met or exceeded.
- Collect inputs and prepare weekly and monthly status reports as required.
- Explain any deviations from planned budgets and schedules. In addition, prepare and support quarterly management reviews.
- Demonstrates an ability to lead Executive level meetings and escalations.
- Provide technical and leadership guidance and direction to personnel to ensure proper, timely completion of work.
- Assess the potential impact on own and others' work, and develop and execute the best work solution.
- Manage escalated situations as proactively as possible, involving management as needed.
- Interact frequently with team, management and customers to define project requirements and identify solutions consistent with defined terms, methodology, policy, and regulations.
- Develop strong customer relationships as 'trusted advisor' at project management, payroll manager, and senior management levels.
- Strong attention to detail as well as ability to function strategically within account; proactively look at 'big picture' for project/customer short and long term goals; identify and drive additional revenue opportunities within account.
- Proven ability to manage multiple work streams within a customer while maintaining a strategic vision and focus (Enterprise level deployments).
- Minimum 5 years of project management work experience required
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of work experience in a Public Sector environment (Local/State Government, K12, Hi-Ed) preferred
- Experience software implementation lifecycle is required with strong preference for Kronos WFC experience
- Experience in Enterprise level project deployments (multi-work stream) is required
- Broad knowledge of labor management, HR / Payroll, ERP, or similar domain product/systems strongly preferred
- Experience managing an implementation team
- Strong experience scheduling, preparing presentations and status reports.
- Superb written and oral communication skills required (e.g., proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word). Experience with Microsoft Project.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to work as part of a project team.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks ranging from project management to coaching other team members.
- Well versed with MS Office applications including MS Project 2010, Excel, Sharepoint, Powerpoint, Visio
- Comfortable presenting to large and diverse audiences, including C Level executives
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% on a regular basis.
- The ideal candidate will be located in the west coast (home office) and should live within easy driving distance to a major airport.
You're empowered when you're a Kronite.
Want to be part of an elite group of highly skilled professionals? We think our employees are a special group of talented, energetic, and innovative people. And for that reason, we refer to ourselves as Kronites. Kronites care about more than just work. We recognize the need to maintain a healthy work-life balance - to live inspired. In fact, it's expected! You'll soon learn that we take work and fun seriously. No matter what position you hold at Kronos, you're a Kronite. And we want you to feel like you have the power to make a difference in your life and the lives of others, at work and beyond.
Kronos is a global provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos' industry-specific workforce applications are purpose built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations - including half of the Fortune 1000 - and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day.
Kronos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
A little about us:
At Kronos, we believe great businesses are powered by great people.