Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you'll find yourself in the company of some of the industry's smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Senior Financial Analyst - Regulatory Programs
The Capital Management Program/ Resolution Planning team is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic Senior Financial Analyst to handle challenging tasks that will drive submission of the Resolution Plan and enable meeting CCAR governance requirements. This highly visible role within Finance will allow the right candidate to showcase and leverage their experience to comply with key Company regulatory objectives.This role will be responsible for the following activities:
- Develop a deep understanding of the Resolution Plan (RP) objectives and strategies so as to guide other parts of the organization
- Liaison with other departments including Legal, Accounting, Corporate Risk Management, Treasury, and other business areas, to help drive the timely submission of the Resolution Plan.
- Support driving the annual roadmap of activities both for production of RP materials and initiatives which enhance resolvability
- Support development of financial assumptions, including validation of pro-forma results in order to facilitate accurate and timely forecasted financials for the RP
- Oversee all aspects for production of RP including content updates and review, and senior management certification
- Develop presentations to drive senior management understanding of the RP components and facilitate approval of key components
- Contribute to the development of analysis to respond to regulatory feedback
- Coordinate and compile submission of various presentations across multiple teams and departments necessary to adhere to proper CCAR governance requirements.
Skills Skills Required
- Bachelors degree and 3-5 years experience in the financial services industry; prior experience in Treasury, Finance, or Risk Management is desired, particularly in the areas of accounting, capital planning, regulatory reporting, or financial planning and budgeting or equivalent experience
- Established ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) with various levels of management, and regulators
- Strong understanding of financial statements
- Project management experience, including the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to influence others without having direct accountability for them
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong analysis, decision-making and logic skills
- Self-motivated, displays a high level of initiative
- High proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Skills Desired
- Excellent writing skills
- General understanding of accounting
- Lean, Six Sigma and/or demonstrated process improvement expertise
- Broad knowledge of Discover business processes, procedures, and systems
Proficiency with Wdesk/ Workiva
#LI-DK1 We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.