This position is an integral part of the Risk Governance & Operations team within the Corporate Risk Management (CRM) Department at Discover Financial Services (DFS). CRM provides independent oversight to ensure that relevant risks inherent in the Company's business activities are appropriately identified, measured, monitored, managed and reported. This positions primary responsibilities are to oversee and facilitate committee operations as well as updating and maintaining documentation for the Risk Committee Governance team. This position requires the candidate to effectively understand the overall regulatory climate and requirements under which DFS operates while maintaining a focus on the day-to-day operational needs of the team. This is an exciting, relationship dependent role with business partners throughout the organization.
* Project manage the various committee meeting and board preparation following the established standards and guidelines. This includes planning, developing and managing procedural implementation and governance requirements
* Consult with various stakeholders and provide guidance on adhering to the established standards and guidelines for the Committees. This would include activities such as conducting annual training and updating/creating standards and procedures
* Identify opportunities for efficiencies in the various processes that the role manage
* Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of experience, preferably in English, Law, Journalism, or Business
* 5 year's work experience in, banking, legal or audit experience
* Preferred Knowledge of banking industry and/or Federal Regulatory structure
* Excellent organizational skills, with extremely high level of accuracy and attention to detail
* Ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision with clear focus on timelines, including the ability to manage short deadlines and multiple deliverables. High level of self-motivation.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of management
* Strong presentation development and presentation skills
* Strong communication skills both verbally and written
* High level of discretion and confidentiality
* Excellent problem-solving abilities
* MS Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
#LI-DK1 We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.