This position on the Risk Information Management team of Discovers Corporate Risk Management (CRM) department will serve as a liaison between CRM team and Business Technology. The candidate will need to manage projects requiring interactions with disparate sets of teams across multiple disciplines. The candidate would need to co-ordinate activities that fulfill the life cycle of multiple project streams.
- Drive stakeholders from all areas of the company to define requirements
- Lead technical project teams composed of cross-functional representation from multiple business units of DFS.
- Manage a variety of projects concurrently with varying degrees of scope and urgency.
- Create project plans tracking all aspects of an initiative, including sub-projects, inter-dependencies, milestones, risks, contingency plans, and project resources.
- Provide project status reporting and other formal/informal communications regarding strategy, initiatives, issues, and achievements for a variety of audiences including internal and external stakeholders, and senior management.
- Accountable for effective project management and delivery of work requests and projects within committed schedules and the quality for individual projects, while also meeting overall project objectives.
- Accountable for identifying needs, securing commitments and monitoring progress of deliverables from internal and external service provider teams.
- Provide assistance to stakeholders in ensuring value realization of solution improvements
- Bachelor's Degree preferred (Business Administration, Computer Science, or equivalent preferred).
- 3-5 years of contributing to a Technology program office and/or Risk Management experience
- Excellent project management and organization skills, including problem-solving skills and ability to push through barriers to keep projects on critical path.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize accordingly and proactively resolve complex problems independently.
- Ability to translate business requirements into functionality in order to drive successful development and implementation
- Strong documentation abilities to write administrator and user guides as required
- High-performance and high-quality approach to deliverables and support provided to colleagues
- Self-motivated; display high level of initiative
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to successfully interact with varying levels of management
- Demonstrated analytical abilities
- PMP Certification
- Agile Experience
- Experience in Financial Services
#LI-BJ1 We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.