Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company. What do you get to do in this position?
Security Systems Project Manager
Position Type: Full Time – Exempt
Required Working Hours: 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday
Working Location: Homewood office or at regional customer sites Reporting
This position reports to the Construction Manager for scheduling and project accountability.
This person must represent the company both internally and externally in a manner consistent with the values and culture of the organization. Overview
This is a professional position responsible for the following:
· Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of technology projects to ensure that all project goals are accomplished, meeting and / or exceeding commitment to the customer.
· Controls all elements of the project for the client and the installation team through effective and consistent communication. Responsibilities and Expectations
- Leads “turnover” meeting with Project Engineer, Account Executive, Software Engineer and Construction Manager to gain understanding of project scope. Project Manager will determine if project as presented is acceptable and should proceed.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project team to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Conducts regular project team meetings to action items and project schedule.
- Develops project schedule identifying project milestones and critical path to be provided to all members of the project team. This schedule is to be maintained as project progresses.
- Follows established standards and procedures for project reporting, communication, and documentation.
- Places orders on a timely basis for materials required for project as indicated by Hardware Engineer.
- Reviews engineering submittal prior to delivery to appropriate party. Returns submittal to Hardware Engineering following approval. Provides the latest updated drawings to the installation teams.
- Visits job site regularly to coordinate installation of Security projects. Attends regularly scheduled project meetings as required to ensure timely completion of work and proper project coordination.
- Monitors and coordinates milestone approvals with customer and prepares necessary documentation of approvals.
- Maintains current project schedule and provides updates to project team as part of regularly scheduled project meetings.
- Communicates project concerns and suggestions, both verbally and in writing, with Construction Manager. Email is the suggested method for written form.
- Coordinates and responds to requests for changes to project scope.
- Prepares monthly project forecasts indicating estimated cost and expected labor requirements for completion of assigned projects. Forecasts will be reviewed with Construction Manager.
- Prepares regular project billing in timely manner as required by project specifications.
- Coordinates turnover of completed project to customer including training, as-built / O&M documentation, and warranty letter.
- Coordinates turnover of completed project to Service Department including as-built and project close out documentation (with punch list if applicable) and letter of beneficial use (copy). Participates in site visit with Service Department representative including introduction to customer.
- Communicates openly and honestly with feedback to the project management team. This is to include positive as well as critiquing communications, and will be documented in writing.
- Facilitates a final review with the project team to accent the positives and point out the constructive areas for improvement
Qualifications: This job might be for you if:
- Other related duties as assigned in writing by the Construction Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Some electrical engineering/mechanical engineering training / experience is preferred.
- Requires general knowledge of low voltage electronics.
- Requires general knowledge of Security system operation and control
- Must have a good understanding of various communication protocols
- Excellent time management and time tracking is required. Managing and planning multiple tasks will be a key aspect of this position.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with people at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision and direction.
- Must work well in a team environment and be willing to assume any unassigned responsibilities.
Salary and Compensation Notes:
- Some regional based travel will be required, but not on a regular basis.
- Daily use of personal vehicle is required.
- This is a salaried position, but requires hourly project, or service call, time tracking be documented and submitted weekly on a "time sheet". This is a requirement to correctly track the professional labor cost to each project.
- This position provides for personal car business mileage reimbursement per the standard Federal rate.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.