Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Analytics & Data Organization is part of Morgan Stanley's Wealth Management Division. The organization's responsibility is to support Wealth Management's strategic objectives through the use and exploitation of its data and analytical assets. Key focus areas will be in support of organic growth through the digitization and delivery of investment advice; partnering with each business area by providing them the tools, expertise, and support for them to understand and analyze their own data; and to make data and analytics a differentiated capability for the firm.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) group is part of the Wealth Management Analytics & Data Organization at Morgan Stanley. The team is responsible for designing and implementing business strategies as part of the broader Analytics & Data strategy, business management, governance of the portfolio of on-going programs, and the delivery of key strategic deliverables in a program manager capacity.
As a member of a small team, the individual would need to demonstrate flexibility and initiative in tackling a diverse set of tasks related to the analysis, prioritization, management and delivery coordination of the various data driven requests by the business partners.
The role requires an individual with strong data and business analysis, project management, presentation and communication skills, who is capable of multitasking and collaborating with other members of the team, as well as business partners from a variety of teams.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Analyze data driven requests, understand current and desired state and
perform gap analysis
• Draft business requirements documents (BRD) including current and target
• Act as a liaison between internal business, technology and data delivery
• Partner with each business area by providing them the tools, expertise, and
support for them to understand and analyze their own data
• Assist in the execution of key strategic priorities
• Conduct quality assurance and user acceptance testing (QA/UAT) of
• Serve as the interface to technology on various issues
• Conduct quantitative analyses using data analysis tools
• Develop and deliver presentations to stakeholders
• Bachelor's degree with strong academic record
• At least 5-7 years post-college experience, at a financial services firm as a
business or data analyst
• Experience with Management and Information Systems and Business
Intelligence tools including familiarity with data visualization and data blending
• Experience with capital markets and investment products preferred
• Familiarity with risk & compliance issues preferred
• Detail-oriented individual with strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Team-player with excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal
• Self-starter with ability to hit the ground running and work independently with
• Strong project management skills with ability to multi-task and manage
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint & Word
• Committed to Diversity
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.