- Manages complex, enterprise-wide projects.
- Manages all aspects of project management and project lifecycles by effectively initiating, planning, scheduling, controlling, and bringing to closure multiple, large, high profile, high priority projectsWhat is best part of job?
Fiserv is focused on delivering an optimal lending experience. End-to-end Lending Solutions from Fiserv manage the complete lending cycle—from inception through payoff. Fiserv supports a diverse array of loan products with our comprehensive loan origination systems and single-platform loan servicing solution with integrated default capabilities. Fiserv solutions are available as licensed software, hosted services and a wide array of outsourced services. Our combination of lending services and comprehensive technology addresses virtually every part of the loan process for mortgage, consumer, business and automotive lenders.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Acts as a role model and mentor on project management methodology, standards, strategy, quality and change leadership.
- Serves as an influential leader by demonstrating project management professionalism, passion/enthusiasm, providing communication/motivation and creating teamwork and collaboration
- Schedule Management: Create and maintain an effort-driven project schedule for each project by identifying and monitoring: overall project timeline, project milestones, tasks, resources, task dependencies, and critical paths
- Control and track project performance, time allocations, cost, and quality by constantly evaluating project progress and conducting regular team status meetings
- Cost Management: Determines, monitors, and reviews all project economics, including costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, resources, and risk
- Issue / Risk Management: Anticipates and identifies Risks and Issues that may impact deliverables and develops and implements mitigation and corrective actions
- Reporting: Monitors and reports on the status of project efforts (including weekly time reporting, monthly resource forecasting, monthly executive reporting, issue management and risk prevention/mitigation)
- Scope: Ensures the project remains focused on key objectives and goals and comply with established methodologies. Develop and manage project expectations ensuring all applicable functional areas are engaged on the project.
- Provides direct input on, and helps with the creation & implementation of, all Project Management Office standards, processes, and support services.
- Performs other duties as required
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent education in a related discipline is required. MBA in Finance or other Business discipline is preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI) is preferred.
Job Related Experience:
- Typically requires 5-7 years of software development or related experience of which at least 6 years was managing projects.
- Prior Project Office experience required
- Knowledge of Project Management methodologies required - Waterfall preferred
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies as they pertain to Waterfall model
- Expertise with MS Project and/or other Project Planning software required
- Strong knowledge of Financial Accounting and the financial industry a big plus, as is leading development and maintenance projects in mainframe environment
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills and time management
- Adaptability and ability to be flexible and adjust in a stressful environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) preferred
- Up to 20%
A little about us: