This is an excellent opportunity to work directly with our clients within the Professional Services side of our business. In this position, you will provide consultative project management expertise on all aspects of software development projects for our Lending Solutions group. As a Project Manager, Staff level individual, you will work on small to medium scope projects. You will be a single point of contact for our clients and will take projects from original concept through final implementation.
Fiserv is focused on delivering an optimal lending experience. End-to-end Lending Solutions from Fiserv manage the complete lending cycle—from inception through payoff. Fiserv supports a diverse array of loan products with our comprehensive loan origination systems and single-platform loan servicing solution with integrated default capabilities. Fiserv solutions are available as licensed software, hosted services and a wide array of outsourced services. Our combination of lending services and comprehensive technology addresses virtually every part of the loan process for mortgage, consumer, business and automotive lenders.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Initiate and lead project planning activities such as Scope Definition and Management (WBS, Project Change Control, and Scope Document), Risk Management, Communication Management, etc.
- Create and maintain a project schedule for each project by identifying and monitoring: overall project timeline, project milestones, tasks, resources, ETAs, task dependencies, and critical paths.
- Control and track project performance, time allocations, cost, and quality by constantly evaluating project progress and conducting regular team status meetings.
- Coordinate with other project managers and organizational entities to identify and monitor issues, impacts and dependencies.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent Project Management work experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience managing software development projects in a professional services or consulting environment.
- Experience using Microsoft Project.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong client relationships .
- Well-developed negotiation skills - ability to build consensus and influence others.
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Operates independently with minimal guidance
- Solid understanding of Project Management methodologies.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies as they pertain to Waterfall and Agile models.
- Strong knowledge of Financial Accounting and the financial industry.
- Occasional travel required up to 20%
A little about us: