As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Project Manager, Technical The project manager, technical designed to offload day-to-day project delivery oversight responsibilities from Sr Mgrs and Directors. This role is accountable for stewardship of large, cross functional development and systems integration projects for T-Mobile USA. The Project Manager owns solution delivery and is ultimately responsible for development project leadership, management, quality, and timely delivery. The project manager has to work effectively with Leadership and multiple stakeholders to apply customer relationship management practices, including the identification of appropriate, mutually agreed objectives. The Delivery Manager must also be able to work effectively with and lead technical personnel (Development Team Managers, Systems Analysts, Developers, Testers), and clearly translate business priorities and objectives into technical solutions.Experience:
Education and Training:
- 5+ years of software development and project experience Prefer knowledge of application development and system architecture
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders at an executive level
- Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner
- Apply best practices to the software development lifecycle for projects based on experiences with a number of agile and blended approaches, as well effectively coordinating the implementations across teams using very different approaches
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross functional, projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. This includes excellent listening skills, concise communications and targeting the message to specific audiences.
- Quantitative analytical abilities.
- Proven problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Some vendor management experience.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- A four year degree is required
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong communication
- Agile experience
- PMP certification
- Ensures coordination of delivery teams within various domains
- Works with development leads to define code drops and coordinates the alignment of code drop dependencies
- Provide overall development project leadership, and direct project teams in the delivery of high-quality products within committed timeframes.
- Coordinates through the development managers all delivery activities and act as the escalation point for all development and build issues specific to projects.
- Coordinate with the development teams to ensure the right teams are working on the right build components at the right time, with clear expectations of milestones and goals.
- Coordinates and communicates night of deployment status and issues to leadership on planned deployment activity dates
- Defining and tracking each projects, timeline, and budget
- Manage and track all requirements, development, test and deployment activities
- Coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features
- Maintain team program RACI
- Responsible for maintaining the weekly status of each project within the project Portfolio
- Maintain regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control
- Risk/issue and escalation management
- Maintain the budget - track current spend and forecasted items maintaining +/- 5% variance, if applicable
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.