Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
This is a new role within the Global Finance Service Center management team reporting to the Head of Global Finance Service Centers. The Global Finance Service Center management team drives forward the division's location optimization strategy and oversees Finance & Accounting operations located at offshore service centers. The purpose of this role isto manage transition of activities, processes or roles from in-market teams to service centers or between service centers. The role applies general principles of project management and is integral to assuring the migrations are performed in a consistent manner and adhering to general principles of transition methodology.
- Works directly with sender and receiver party SME's/ management team and the shared service center operations team to develop transition project plans.
- Coordinates knowledge capture/transfer plans (including training plans and plans for procedural documentation).
- Management of the wider transition effort involving input from project management resources offshore, internal technical resource team members and business/client stakeholders.
- Manages interdependencies and stakeholder relationships.
- Develops and maintains reporting to monitor progress toward key milestones.
- Monitors migration issues to ensure they resolved in a timely manner and the appropriate corrective actions are implemented.
- Ensures SLAs and KPIs and other performance measurement metrics are established during the transition and agreed up by all stakeholders.
- Facilitate and participate in the toll-gate decision making process ahead of go-live and extend support to the operations group for any post Go-Live open items.
- Review the outcomes of transitions to determine any corrective actions that could be taken to improve future delivery in terms of cost, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Prepare transition tracking reporting and other status reports as needed. Facilitate and lead discussions to ascertain slippage root cause.
- Manages the overall transition process and produces management reporting to illustrate progress and benefits.
- Bachelor or masters degree in management or a related field.
- Solid skills in MS, PPT.
- Minimum of 10+ years of related experience ideally having familiarity with the operating environment of an Finance & Accounting organization, project management and migration mgmt.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent problem solving, organziational, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills.
- Becasue this is a new role, ability to thrive in an undefined and changing environment will be critical.
- Global perspective with able to work across cultures and timezones.
- Self starter with ability to build structure for new requirements.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative partnerships with a high level of interpersonal skills, integrity with ability to manage relationships onshore and offshore.
- Solid business acumen, ability to syntehise messaging and present concepts.
- Project management training is advantageous.
- Experience with process migration and use of a transition methodology.
Job Opening ID
Boston - MA - USA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.