Job Description: Primary Purpose:
The primary role of the Project Manager is to provide on-going project leadership and coaching to cross-functional project teams to ensure that project deliverables are met and PDP (Product Development Process) disciplines are followed for applicable projects.
This role will include leading new product development projects as well as Value Engineering (VE) or Cost Optimization (CO) pre-production and Value Analysis (VA) post-production design change projects. This role will also include leading projects involving new technology development and outsourcing of design engineering activities. This Program Manager will be located in Norman, Oklahoma. Primary Duties:
Job Qualifications: Qualifications:
- Lead project teams facilitating team meetings and agendas
- Ensure common understanding of deliverables and open issues for each project phase
- Drive open issues to resolution
- Own the creation and tracking of project schedule and reporting of project progress and performance
- Lead project teams in defining key project metrics and targets for items such as product costs, project costs, manufacturing metrics and quality goals
- Track and report on progress to targets throughout project
- Support product cost analysis activities including product teardown and VA/VE events as well as design and manufacturing process improvement efforts including make versus buy analysis activities
- Ensure ongoing UPG PMO and PDP process improvement and application of lessons learned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a related technical field
- 2 years experience in project or program management is required. Experience in Engineering & Product Development, Project Management, General Management, Quality, and/or Operations is desired.
- Broad technical understanding (products, development, manufacturing, product cost analysis, etc.)
- Aptitude and desire to be involved in cross-functional activities, including engineering, marketing, sales, finance, manufacturing, and quality.
- Comfortable in an influencing vs. direct management role
- Knowledge of and experience in product development process (PDP) & associated gate review disciplines is desired.
- 15% - 25% travel required.
- Proven project management proficiency with ability to manage multiple, simultaneous tasks and projects
- Strong people management & communication skills; willing to confront issues in an open, but tactful way
- Strong organization and problem solving skills
- Proven leadership and interpersonal/ teamwork skills.
- Strong group communication skills, presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous tasks and projects
- JCI Business Processes including SAP experience (desired)
- HVAC product and technology knowledge (desired)
- Demonstrated strong financial and analytical skills (desired)
- Excellent computer and data analysis/management skills with proficiency in Microsoft Suite Applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and SharePoint) as well as internet software and e-mail
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.