A great opportunity exists for a detail oriented, innovative, confident, and experienced professional to work with a stellar team in a growing business. The ideal candidate will be team oriented and have the ability to work with other professionals collaboratively, ideally possess flexibility, be able to adapt to constantly changing demands, and demonstrate capability to take on new and unfamiliar tasks. As a Project Manager - Tax you will: - Work on large and small scale projects that have a direct impact on the company. Identify ways to improve and streamline business process. The person will: - Exhibit a proven track record of project management, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage the work - Demonstrate outstanding communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders across all levels to manage, inform, and influence outcomes - Demonstrate organizational agility to adapt to changing demands - Display strong collaboration skills.
The Project Manager - Tax will primarily be responsible for the following:
· Processing annual state tax returns and extensions and quarterly estimated state payments.
· Timely processing of all incoming and outgoing tax correspondence which includes identifying key contacts throughout the organization.
· Respond to state tax notices as appropriate including drafting letters, requesting checks and initiating electronic payments.
· Document management – maintain confidential records and files and assist with document management solutions and storage for executive and department records.
· Working Experience with all office landscapes such as scanners, fax machines and copy machines.
· The successful candidate will be a self-starter and should possess the confidence and poise to work with the tax team, other administrative professionals and various external stakeholders.
· Being pro-active, have a strong attention to detail, good team dynamics, and an ability to work independently as needed.
· Specific candidate competencies include, but are not limited to: Strong judgment, emotional intelligence, and integrity, all of which are essential for this position. In addition, the candidate must be comfortable working in a high-energy, collaborative, professional environment.
· Must be transparent in their communications and have the ability to work with highly confidential information.
· Highly motivated, energetic, extremely personable and comfortable working closely with executive management.
· Ability to create and reinforce Capital One's corporate culture of "excellence" and "do the right thing" by demonstrating personal integrity, earning and respecting the trust of associates and communicating openly.
- High School Diploma, GED, Equivalent Certification, or Military Experience.
- At least 4 years of project management or at least 4 years of administrative experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience.
- 7 years of previous project management or administrative experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.