This position provides materials support and leadership during the engineering design, execution, and/or commissioning phase(s) of one or more projects.
Working with minimal supervision, this position identifies material needs, generates requisitions, manages materials database, and communicates material status to project team.
- Interacts with project team to understand needs to purchased materials and equipment. Works closely with procurement to ensure purchase orders are generated in a timely fashion
- Responsible for invoices processing including gathering appropriate approvals and receiving in JDE.
- Assists with the investigation of problems and requirements of projects and helps implement appropriate solutions.
- Independently makes decisions on material delivery and impact on schedule and advises project manager.
- Leads efforts to resolve project materials issues, identifies work process improvements and serves as the functional expert within the organization.
- Using independent judgment and discretion, investigates problems and requirements of projects and develops and implements appropriate solutions.
- Provides direction to expediting, procurement, transportation and project team on project specific material requirements.
- Leads project teams in all issues related to material management to improve overall project cost & schedule effectiveness.
- May generate information that will keep the project team, transportation, fabricators and construction informed of material statuses. Alerts team members of any deviations or other problems that may impact project cost and schedule effectiveness.
- Interfaces with engineers, suppliers, and contractors as needed to acquire project details, procure equipment, or coordinate project resources.
- Working closely with the project manager and other team members, lead the project team in all issues related to material management, to improve overall project cost & schedule effectiveness.
- May train end users on system use, document management or similar.
- May lead and supervise the day-to-day activities of a small group of materials coordinators.
- Develops and identifies improvements in material management-related work processes (requisitioning, purchasing, expediting, transportation, receiving).
- Quickly learns and applies new concepts, skills and knowledge to assigned tasks.
Degree in a technical or business field is desired, but not required. 5 years of experience in database management, technical document control, and project support experience is required.
Computer knowledge - proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
Experience with JDE software preferred.
Some travel is required (less than 10%).
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.