The successful candidate will be responsible for the team leadership, portfolio and project management and innovative solutions across Oracle Cloud for Industries internal projects and Global Business Unit Cloud projects - Project Management Organization. Summary:
• Team Leadership
- Responsible for leading and developing a 20 person organization of highly-engaged project managers and business analyst: responsible for management activities including hiring, onboarding, training/development, performance management and retention. Building strong project management discipline across the teams and deliver effective results.
- Portfolio and Project Management - Lead a large portfolio of complex cloud and technology projects across multiple GBU organizations including, Health Sciences, Retail, Hospitality, Financial Services, Utilities and Telecommunications. Drive strong execution, delivering multi-million $ portfolio with high quality, on-time, on-budget and within specification. Create best practices and improvements across the organization. Develop strong collaboration across and between Global Business Units, technology and the broader Oracle organization to help Oracle deliver the best client experience in the industry with innovative solutions and strong talent.
- Innovative Solutions- Responsible for collaborating with Global Business Units, Oracle Public Cloud, Oracle Partner Network and Oracle Architecture to deliver innovative solutions through strategic multi-year planning, project life cycle planning, program structure and governance, business requirement collaboration and writing, stakeholder transparency through hands-on monitoring and reporting, financial and change management, risk mitigation, project implementation and post implementation reviews.
Qualifications Education and Experience
- Provide executive portfolio oversight and oversee team running waterfall and agile/iterative SaaS and technology based projects
- Improve project management best practices (documentation, methodology, etc.) by establishing and implementing priorities and goals for office-based teams
- Lead the staffing process for the PM department, including assessing staffing needs, vetting and interviewing candidates and matching PMs with appropriate assignments
- Foster the professional development of the PM team, act as a mentor and conduct performance reviews
- Build and manage strong relationships with GBUs and clients based on thorough planning, timely and professional communication and intelligent problem-solving and collaborate with them to retain and grow accounts
- Direct the management team to achieve required business outcomes
- Regularly review project scopes, budgets, burn downs and schedules and ensure projects are completed within budget and on schedule while meeting client needs, business objectives, design guidelines and tech specifications
- Work closely with business development and accounts teams on the development of new business opportunities, including defining project strategies, developing scopes and estimates, writing proposals and leading client-facing pitches and presentations
Skill and Knowledge
- BS required (MBA preferred) and 15 years of extensive experience including P&L management, large scale portfolio management, business analysis and project life cycle methodologies
- Extensive knowledge of business functions and the application of technology solutions to business problems.
- Exhibit an intellectual curiosity and a passion for the business to help our GBU's and clients' meet business requirements
• A strong leader and manger that has a strategic vision for engaging a highly talented group of project management professionals to deliver the best portfolio results for the organization.
• Demonstrates a strong analytical and problem solving skills with a learning orientation to continually improve results.
• Strong collaboration, influence and communication skills to keep programs and teams focused and effective
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with executive management teams
- Demonstrated ability to lead strong teams capable of fearlessly meeting deadlines across simultaneous projects
• Deep expertise in project and portfolio management with keen focus on financial and customers key performance indicatorsQualifications:
Manages people who lead internal projects/programs which focus on the delivery of internal products or administrative systems. These projects need a distinct beginning and an end.
Manages employees who perform project management duties which involving cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of internal products or administrative systems. Oversees plans and directs schedules as well as project budgets. Monitors programs/projects from initiation through delivery and interfaces with internal customers or department personnel. Organizes project activities and interdepartmental meetings. Ensures communication facilitates completion of the program/project on schedule and within budget constraints.
Directs and ensures the implementation of operational policies through subordinate managers. Interacts internally and externally with executive management with ability to negotiate difficult matters to influence policy. Functional expertise and broad company knowledge. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills and analytical skills. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Eight or more years of project management or related experience needed.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.