Company: CORP Enclave
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The Automation Engineer will manage automation initiatives, systems integrators and provide technical support for requirements development, system design, installation, configuration, integration and testing, as well as performance analysis for automated material handling systems. They will be involved in and lead projects within the Facilities Planning & Optimization group in the areas of equipment hardening, system specification, design and increased utilization.
- Identifies operational limitations of new & old generation, custom built, automated and semi-automated processing equipment.
- Execute projects from start to finish using a phased project management approach.
- Coordinates discovery of specific areas of improvement and optimization and recommends design or operating changes to achieve operational capability and throughput objectives.
- Improves operating efficiency and product quality of old and new generation automated machines by defining an optimal set of operating parameters through experimental studies.
- Derives, understands and documents the behavior of controlled and uncontrolled variables upon product quality and quantify their effect.
- Develops or coordinates to develop machine processing, maintenance and training instructions.
- Develop system-level processes and procedures.
- Develop overall project plans for automation projects including ROI analysis, feasibility studies, simulations in coordination with stakeholders and vendors.
- Create schedules for installation/modification and trial.
- Ability to learn and deploy early equipment management program using tools such as Factory Acceptance Testing, Site Acceptance Testing, Comminisiong, Qualification, Verification, FMEA, and root cause analysis.
- Order, track and quote needed items and materials.
- Develop system requirements for various operating environments.
- Test and troubleshoot sub-systems functional requirements, hardware and software interfaces
- Responsible for the design and management of safety policies and guidelines.
- Develop and perform analysis in support of system design, performance prediction, diagnostics, and post-performance analysis.
- Coordinates and helps to manage local on site management team and 3rd party resoruces before, during and after installation.
- Support the conduct of on-site integration & test activities, including: integration of software and hardware at the system level, tests and evaluation of test results, and performance evaluation of system-level requirements verification.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Planning activities related to facility or supply chain planning.
- Planning activities related to space & capacity utilization.
- Planning activities related to Material Handling Equipment.
Education and / or Experience:
- Minimum 7 years experience in design or project management for MHE automated systems installations in a distribution environment
- BS in systems, mechanical, electrical, computer science or other engineering discipline required. Master’s preferred but not required.
- 10 years of progressively responsible work experience in engineering
- Experience with specification, design, and testing of equipment for challenging environments
- Prior project management experience for automated material handling or capital equipment.
- Proven track record for implementing multiple and various automation systems and applications.
- Proven track record of troubleshooting within the mechanical, electrical, controls, and software designs in order to achieve desired throughput & capability.
- Must have a strong understanding of statistics and reliability analysis
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and work on a cross-functional team.
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in multi-tasking, prioritizing, communicating, and adapting to change.
- Strong leadership & people management skills.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Strong ability to manage team members and site teams through change.
- Results oriented.
- Comfortable with a broad range of research tools and technologies, analytics and basic financial analyses.
- Professional development-oriented attitude.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Intrinsically strong and structured approach to problem solving.
- Strong execution orientation.
- Passion for finding information on innovative industry trends.
- Understands team dynamics and works well within team structure.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Highly proficient at Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Preferred experience with Microsoft Project but not required.
- Experience with SQL/VBA preferred but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Travel, up to 60% is required.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to travel approximately 60% of the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.