Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
WM Strategic Business Solutions (SBS), located in Windsor, CT, is responsible for managing WM's largest, most prestigious national customers. SBS serves as the one-stop shop for the largest corporations in the US. Through industry leading reporting, centralized billing & service, and pricing, WM SBS provides an exceptional value proposition to our customers. With approximately 600 dedicated employees, a state of the art customer management system, and the goal of expanding into international markets, WM SBS is helping WM transform our industry. I. Job Summary
Concurrently manages multiple projects that impact all areas of the organization. Primary function is to ensure that projects are completed on time and to the scope of work required. Is a leader within the organization who is responsible for development and training of Project Specialists as well as setting the tone within the department for continuous improvement and market-leading solutions for strategic customers. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the following essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Manage multiple projects through the project lifecycle
- Deliver on-time and to-scope results to internal and external clients
- Develop client-facing strategies to optimize the customer experience and create high-quality proposals that generate savings for Waste Management (WM), WM Strategic
- Business Solutions (SBS), and our clients
- Conduct strategic projects including site analysis of conditions at individual or groups of client locations, and analysis of regulatory recycling laws to ensure client compliance with local, state and federal requirements
- Utilize analytic tools to deliver cost savings, recycling benefits and sustainability improvement to clients as well as EBIT improvement internally
- Train and guide Project Specialists in learning and improving their abilities to handle strategic projects and clients
- Effectively visualize and present project deliverables to clients and explain results completely and in depth
- Communicate to internal and external clients the standard processes and value-add for the Team's strategic projects and assist Sales in the management of client expectations
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of non-supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of 0 to 10 full-time operations-level employees, contracted employees and/or other 3rd party vendors as individual projects demand
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Business, Accounting, Environmental Sciences, Project Management or other industry-related field, or in lieu of degree, a High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four (4) years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Three (3) years of previous business analytics experience with responsibility in project/business management and/or environmental/sustainability or services industry (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel skills at an advanced functionality (formulas; tables and formatting, including conditional formatting; pivot tables and pivot reporting; dynamic & interactive charting; VBA and macros; etc.)
- Business analytics and data visualization experience
- Strong understanding of sustainability principles
- Experience using statistical packages is desirable for analyzing large datasets
- Experience developing efficient SQL queries, stored procedures, indexes, functions.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply." *MSJA*
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.