Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77070
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The Project Manager Industrial Engineering will lead the implementation and maintenance of the engineering program across warehouse and delivery operations for US and international locations. The Engineer will work independently and be the lead person on site through the complete life cycle of engineering projects initial audit and communication with management through implementation of process changes and standards with hourly employees. Projects include engineered labor standards updates, implementation of work methods for warehouse and delivery activities, process improvement initiatives and continuous education of field leadership and associates on engineering matters.
Areas of responsibility include project management and communication, process and operational analysis, operating company audits, ELS implementation, work methods training, field education and special process improvement projects.
- Lead labor standard update projects for the creation, application and monitoring of engineered labor standards at operating companies in line with Supply Chain strategic productivity goals.
- Engage with Opco Management and be the spokesperson for the Engineering Program at the operating level.
- Responsible for managing and executing analytical evaluations of operational activities using warehouse and delivery operating systems.
- Responsible for analyzing current processes and procedures, and offer recommendations for maximizing overall operational efficiencies, throughput and service levels.
- Responsible for ensuring all warehouse and labor management systems parameters and configuration data are accurately maintained.
- Deliver training on labor management (LM) concepts, work methods and tools.
- Collaborate and support the Supply Chain Engineering Department in modeling and business evaluation analysis and provide subject matter expertise on operational impact of potential changes.
- Monitor performance of companies and provide communication and support in the direction needed for improvement to attain the benchmark goals of SYSCO.
- Identify and document productivity improvements and cost savings opportunities within the network, providing recommendations and implementation plan to management team.
- Clarify and resolve complex business issues by breaking them down into meaningful components to determine root cause, redesigning internal and external business processes as necessary.
- Other duties may be assigned by department leadership.
- Present results to Opco senior management and support/train management team on Engineered Labor Standards, Work Methods and Standard Business process.
- Provide education and support to Front Line Supervision group and employees regarding Engineered Labor Standards.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for topics, discussion and projects related to labor utilization, labor cost, ergonomics, productivity, equipment configuration, equipment utilization and safety.
- Other duties may be assigned by department leadership.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience with BS degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in industrial engineering in a large scale logistics or distribution environment.
- Minimum 2 years of project management experience required.
- Proven experience with Warehouse Management Systems, RF and Scanning Systems, Transportation Routing Systems, Labor Management Systems, Discrete Labor Standards Systems and Labor Incentive Programs
- Computer expertise in MS Word, Excel and Outlook. SQL a plus.
- Requires technical acumen and decision making
- Must have excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills and be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Excellent analytical skills to evaluate operating costs, logistics and product costs, distribution and statistical data
- Self-starting and analytical use of know-how to identify, define and resolve problems. Utilize accumulated knowledge, procedures, processes and practices of warehousing and transportation areas to evaluate and communicate (both orally and in writing) the business requirements of distribution operations for the operating companies in SYSCO.
- Contain skills in planning, organizing, executing, controlling and evaluating.
- Practice effective person-to-person communication skills when dealing with other people at all levels and departments.
- Take initiative to act within confines of the job to positively affect the overall goals of SYSCO.
- Provide accurate information and assistance to support the operating companies and Distribution Services in achieving their operational objectives.
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- The job requires travel 75% of the time.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This position can be performed from the corporate facility or from a remote location.
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
- If working remote, must have required software to ensure timely communications and have a dedicated work space free of any distractions and participate in conference calls in a business friendly environment.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Employment Type: Full Time