Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor , in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter's employees are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
Project Managers provide business and technical leadership for one or more projects within a business unit, leading project teams through the identification, justification, prioritization, initiation, development and implementation processes. Project managers will lead their teams in financial analysis including market research, cash flow, and capital and project costs. They will collaborate with the appropriate functional teams and senior project management personnel to develop and negotiate contracts. This person will ensure communications occur with stakeholders and partners. They will participate in organizational issue resolution. Project Managers will lead the core team to define the milestones to achieve the launch date commitments and identify issues and risks associated with those plans. This person will lead their team in the utilization of product lifecycle management processes. The Project Manager will lead the formation of the core team and its ability to deliver the project. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Accountable for core team performance, project schedule and execution, budget commitments and spend
- Leads team in defining project strategies, developing goals, and ensures project scope is defined and controlled
- Continuously interacts with all functions and levels of management ensuring effective ongoing communications across teams and stakeholders
- Ensures identification and communication of project risks, development of risk plan and leads core team in the proactive management of risk response strategies
- Anticipates potential conflict situations for proactive solutions and manages conflict situations to result in win-win outcomes
- Leads core team to identify and implement continuous improvement
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in appropriate discipline
- 10 yrs. in product development or equivalent experience in new product commercialization including 3-5 years of project management experience
- Strong drive and passion for working and managing innovation portfolio
- Financial and business acumen
- Competent application of Vital Behaviors and Leadership Essentials
- Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory or Clinical Practices and Product Development Process requirements
- Demonstrated competencies in all aspects of project management
- Ability to develop others
- PMI or IPMA or equivalent certification desired
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.