Power Power Services
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Project Quality Manager - GT oOEM Product Line (60Hz Market)
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Global Product Line organization is one of three organizational pillars in Power Services and is responsible for global volume, profitability & growth in terms of market share, TAS, SAS. You will also manage and plan technology investments, commercialize new products and lead complex or 1st-time projects in co-operation with the regions.
The Product Lines will define the capability, resource and industrial footprint requirements and ensure that the regions have appropriate resources.
The GT oOEM Product Line organization is in charge of the global strategy definition, implementation and business results for the targeted platforms.
Reporting directly to the GT oOEM Quality Leader, the Project Quality Manager (PQM) will be responsible for all GT oOEM Project Quality NPI & issues related to first of complex projects during execution in the 60Hz market. This includes all work undertaken internally and the works of our suppliers, subcontractors and/or partners as required by the Project.
As the Project Quality Manager - GT oOEM Product Line (60Hz Market), you will:
• Develop the global product roadmap and deliver a competitive product portfolio to support growth
• Represent the company in terms of Quality in front of the Customer
• Ensure PEQ (Project Execution Quality) is implemented on the project and act as PEQ gate-keeper (O2E)
• Define documentation & technical requirements, including EoMRs (End of Manufacturing reports)
• Construct Inspection & Test Plans
• Be the Gatekeeper for handover to the Customer
• Ensure Project CoPQ is captured in line with PS business requirements
• Ensure compliance with contractual, legal and TRS (Technical Regulations & Standards) related to the Quality scope of work
• Support & ensure Quality requirements are considered during contract review
• Effectively manage the Projects' Customer hold & witness points
• Ensure supplier Quality documentation meets both contractual & GE requirements
• Implement & measure Project Quality performance; NPI, manufacturing, repairs, field execution
• Implement on the project Customer satisfaction and loyalty program
• Provide operational Quality support to the projects' documentation and non-conformance handling
• Support Regions in Project related Quality issues
• Support the Engineering & Repairs teams in product / process qualification
• Facilitate root cause analysis (RCA) ensuring robust CAPA implementation
• Provide coaching and support in Quality processes and problem solving techniques for the project
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business or other technical or business related field from an accredited university
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in the domain of Quality, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Product Management
• Minimum of 2 years of experience leading diverse teams in a technical environment
• Willingness and ability to travel minimum 30% of the time
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience working in Product Line related project execution
• Knowledge of Product Line related Quality & Technical Regulations & Standards (TRS)
• Able to effectively interface with all levels of internal and external Customers
• Effective RCA problem solving abilities
• Working knowledge of assigned systems and client organization and practices
• Strong analytical, project and product management organizational skills
• Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
or equivalent quality certification
• Integrity: accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
• Clear thinker with an ability to focus on the "critical few" issue/ priorities
• Able to communicate messages clearly and concisely
• Ability to translate strategy into business objectives
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.