Eaton’s Electrical Systems & Services Group is seeking a Project Risk Manager. The Project Risk Manager will be based at our Moon Township, PA facility.
Position Overview :
This position will support Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Systems and Services Division (EESSD) in developing and managing the risk profile on approved contracts and provide guidance to project management in order to mitigate risks for the division. This includes identifying contractual legal risks, providing sound business solutions to manage contractual risk, mitigate liability exposure to previously negotiated terms and condition for business reviews, briefing upon award, and owning the certificate of authority process for the division across the United States. This position will also collaborate with the division finance team to ensure that the division is adequately covered for exposures related to contract risks (with adherence to appropriate Generally Accepted Accounting Principles). This position will be the support post order liaison between company and customers for contract issues and will work in consideration to other key stakeholders, including the Eaton legal team, credit, insurance, tax, trade compliance, pricing, and human resources & finance. This position will communicate regular updates to division senior leadership team.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Review, analyze and interpret terms and conditions after they are finalized by the contacts team to identify all risks and business considerations for internal customers as it pertains to various division opportunities.
- Mitigate exposure while ensuring compliance with company policy as well as external customer specifications and requirements.
- Develop and implement reporting mechanism for working with project management on risk mitigation plans for each project, monitor compliance with contract requirements, and provide support to others for resolutions.
- Maintain portfolio of 15-20 large contracts ($250K & above) that includes the status of active projects, analysis of all risks and exposures for turnkey projects, warranties, long term service agreements and master agreements.
- Partner with finance monthly to ensure financial coverage for exposures and project managers to ensure risk mitigation plans are being executed.
- Manages the engineering and subcontractor professional licensing program for the division
- Ensure that established policies, procedures and practices are compliant within Limits of Authority guidelines for EESSD.
- Partner with commercial contracts group to develop and conduct relevant training presentations to internal stakeholders in EESSD.
- Assist in preparation of turnkey proposals and negotiation strategies including definition of milestones/progress billing (includes Draft/Review subcontracting agreements).
Position Criteria :
- Understanding of key financial concepts around deliverables based revenue recognition principles.
- Knowledge of uniform commercial code laws.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills.
- Demonstrates sound problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively interface with high level management.
- Well-versed in MS Office software programs.
- Travel up to 10 percent (includes some overnight travel).
Basic Qualifications :
- BS/BA Degree from an accredited University.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a technical contractual compliance capacity.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without corporate sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation is authorized. Must reside within a 50 mile radius of the Moon Township, PA facility.
Preferred Qualifications :
- BS in Business, Business Law or Finance related field from an accredited university.
- MBA or JD from an accredited university or Paralegal certification.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations and government contracting.
- Certification/Membership of the Project Management Institute or a similar plus (e.g. PMI-RM, PM, IPMA, PMP).
- Certification/Membership of the National Contract Management Association or a similar plus (e.g. CCCM, CFCM, CPCM).
- Previous experience in a similar role within the Electrical manufacturing industry.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.