Job Location: United States : New York : New York
MetLife’s U.S., Global Employee Benefits and Global Brand & Marketing Communications team is responsible for developing the communication strategy and executing communication tactics focused on internal and external audiences for the U.S., our international employee benefits business and our global brand.
The Project Specialist will work in close partnership with one officer and seven staff members and provide administrative support as well as coordinate and assist on various ad-hoc projects. This position also provides back-up support for the Chief Communications Officer and Senior Vice President in the department.
- Scheduling and maintaining calendars of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries and coordinating related arrangements.
- Serving as back-up administrative cover for Chief Communications Officer and Senior Vice President of communications.
- Completing and timely submitting expense reports.
- Creating and managing files and maintaining attendance and timekeeping records.
- Reviewing department budget and managing vendor relationships and invoices.
- Managing a wide range of administrative and executive support tasks and providing general assistance as necessary for the administration of the office.
- Screening calls, resolving inquires and directing more complex inquires to the appropriate party promptly and efficiently.
- Ad-hoc Projects:
- Prioritizing and managing multiple projects and following through on issues promptly and effectively.
- Providing project support for the team including managing specific initiatives and organizing timelines and project lists.
- Supporting the Communications team with the timely distribution of corporate/executive emails and maintaining up to date distribution lists.
- Coordinating logistics for town halls and other meetings.
- Coordinating group celebrations, events and outing.
- 2-5 years of administrative/project management experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Good analytical abilities in order to collect, assemble, and organize data.
- Ability to identify, resolve and follow up on issues.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential material.
- Strong interpersonal, organization and time management skills.
- Technological proficiency with video/webEx and teleconferencing.
- A high level of proficiency with computers, advanced knowledge of proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
- Willingness to pitch in and a team-oriented approach.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 56501