Approximately 15,000 employees are making Air Products the world's safest and best performing industrial gases company, providing sustainable offerings and excellent service to all customers. We strive to be a company of choice that is recognized by its colleagues, customers, and community as a company that draws strength, opportunity and financial growth from the diversity of its workforce. Our success will be directly attributed to having a work environment that is collaborative, inclusive and respectful of all people.
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (NYSE:APD), a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, is seeking a Project Specialist to support installation projects for the Microbulk business in the Western Region.
The Microbulk business is a fast paced and customer oriented business built around an energetic sales team and highly configurable supply systems. For customers currently using high pressure cylinders or liquid cylinders, a Microbulk mode of supply provides the benefit of onsite liquid supply of Nitrogen, Oxygen, Argon, and Carbon Dioxide. Typical projects run under 3-5 weeks and the Project Specialist can expect to complete up to 15 projects in a single month with just as many on going at any given time. Project prioritization of workload and effective communication with the team is critical. Projects are managed from a central office and require phone and email interaction to maintain scheduling.
The Microbulk business is a growing business and the project specialist will be part of ongoing business improvements to identify and resolve gaps and areas for improvement around business objectives in addition to normal project workload. The identified individual will have the opportunity to participate in strategy and process development, and for exposure to other areas within the West Region.
The successful candidate will act with accountability and make appropriate and timely decisions, with a focus on collaboration and implementing decisions drive results to success. He / She will need to seek out diverse thinking to maximize the use of others' experiences, backgrounds and perspectives, while demonstrating the ability to introduce new ways of looking at problems and getting work done and proposing value added solutions is important to this position.
Through continuous learning from experiences, feedback and coaching is an expectation to develop yourself to be the best to the company. In addition to helping others do their best work through sharing knowledge and expertise, mentoring, recognition and proactively addressing unconscious bias. To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center @ www.airproducts.com/careers and
apply to Job Req # 21820BR. Specific Project Specialist responsibilities and qualifications include:
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously, being responsible for safety, speed, and costs
- Support the Installation of Stationary and Portable Microbulk systems
- Review scope based on sales input and the Project Kickoff between the Specialist, Sales and the Customer as needed
- Establish a Project Budget based on the standard system type and work scope
- Create projects in Vantage (project management software) and manage projects and documentation using this tool
- Create Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) and layout drawings for Installations using drafting software
- Order materials and request assets for Microbulk installations
- Support troubleshooting requirements at customer sites as they pertain to installation projects
- Communicate with AP Logistics, Equipment Support Team, Technicians and External Contractors to scope and coordinate installations and system commissioning
- Track and manage budget and scheduling using SAP and other tools
- Proactive mindset
- Openness to change and challenging status quo
- Interest in business strategy and driving step change results
- Process minded approach to work
- Familiarity with cryogenic and gas delivery systems preferred, field service experience is a plus
- Flexible, Independent, self-motivated individual, able to multi-task
- 2 years of College (Associates Degree) or higher preferred
- 2-5 years of experience with project management work
- Familiarity with drafting software and P&ID's
- Experience participating or leading improvement projects and/or process design is a plus
- Basic Understanding of mechanical systems and piping design
- Excellent communication skills; organization, technical writing, phone etiquette and email
- Self-directed, self-motivated, able to work independently without daily face to face interaction with direct manager
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Programs: Word, Excel, InfoPath
- Some travel is required for training and on the job development
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401K Retirement Plan - Core Contribution / Company Match
- Eight Paid Holidays and 3 Flexible Holidays
- 2 weeks' vacation in your first year
- Company-paid Life Insurance
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The Company's core industrial gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The Company had fiscal 2017 sales of $8.2 billion from continuing operations in 50 countries and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 15,000 passionate, talented and committed employees from a diversity of backgrounds are driven by Air Products' higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.
Opportunities for veterans with experience in instrument, electrical, and mechanical environments.