PROJECT TEAM LEADER MECHANICAL II
Under general supervision, responsible for the overall execution and performance of mechanical retrofit projects. Responsible for following consistent and repeatable project management standardized procedures and processes, and achieving financial results on assigned projects. Provides project coordination for day to day activities of Mechanics, and sub-contractors. Secures new work and change orders from the existing customer base. Provides mechanical project estimating and estimating reviews. Acts as a technical resource for Sales. Responsible for overall project safety program compliance.
1. Plans, executes and controls assigned projects. Oversees the mechanical retrofit process to insure that it is performed in accordance with Johnson Controls standard practices. Facilitates escalation of product related problems.
2. Secures new work and change orders from the existing customer base. Estimates mechanical work and presents proposals to the customer.
3. Acts as a technical resource for Sales. Assists sales in project development efforts and performs pre-bid reviews.
4. Provides oversight for Controls and Equipment lines of business by providing financial and progress reporting, job estimating and progress costing, backlog and project management services on a scheduled or ad hoc basis.
5. Recruits, hires and supervises resources to staff the project team. Interfaces with the Truck Based team(s) to control manpower to proper staffing levels.
6. Reviews and interprets contract Terms and Conditions.
7. Coordinates the drawing layouts / detailing for proper job installation.
8. Analyzes financial reporting systems and project schedules to proactively address potential problems and manage risk. Investigates solutions and establishes project recovery plans.
9. Provides ongoing cost and estimate analysis reporting. Manages allocation of costs to financial reporting systems.
10. Uses Johnson Controls standard tracking and reporting tools to effectively communicate project progress and financial status to management.
11. Proactively investigates opportunities for improvements in the project scope that will result in value added change orders. Performs associated cost estimates, prepares proposals and secures customer acceptance.
12. Responsible for asset management including collections, cost control, progress billings and payables.
13. Oversees assigned projects for compliance with specifications, local codes and installation techniques.
14. Uses negotiation skills to consistently resolve disputes.
15. Manages material procurement, warehousing and logistics processes.
16. Provides high quality written communications. Ensures project document controls are in compliance with contract requirements and Johnson Controls standards.
17. Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with customers and subcontractors. Attends job progress meetings as required. Ensures subcontractors understand expectations of the project.
18. Ensures transition to appropriate Johnson Controls Truck-based team is achieved.
19. Coordinates performance of owner training requirements.
20. Adheres to safety standards. Insures that Johnson Controls team members, and subcontractors adhere to safety standards
Eight or more years of comprehensive, technical and operational knowledge of the service business, particularly related to smaller fast track retrofit, remodel and tenant improvement types of projects. Leads assigned Mechanics on a portfolio of projects typically $3-4M in revenue. Two to four years of engineering or trade school training such as an engineering degree or equivalent is preferred. Installation and Service experience related to complex HVAC Mechanical systems and equipment is desired. Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience. Proficient in Project Management software and financial accounting systems. Strong Personal Computer capabilities in MS Office (excel, word, power point), Adobe Writer, Visio and basic Windows environment. Travel is required and will vary on project assignment. Projects may exist outside of assigned geography.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.