Location: Granville, Ohio - United States PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Project Technician actively participates on teams that growth and development of Owens Corning's Synthetics business. This individual designs and executes product testing batteries to validate designs, diagnose performance issues, and characterize competitive materials. This individual also operates our pilot manufacturing line to develop new products and manufacturing technologies.
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.Reports to
: Synthetics Science & Technology LeaderSpan of Control
: JOB RESPONSIBILITIES Demonstrates a commitment to safety
Executes Product and Material Testing
- Works safely in the laboratory and manufacturing environments
- Identifies and corrects hazards
- Ensures rigorous compliance to standard safety procedures and OC corporate policies.
- Practices good housekeeping habits
Operates Synthetics Manufacturing Pilot Line
- Performs laboratory and application testing and applies understanding of ASTM or other laboratory test methods to effectively test products
- Completes testing required for design validations, issue investigation and competitive benchmarking
- Collects, analyzes, and presents data from trials and product testing
- Creates and documents unique testing methods to identify product/material performance in unique applications
- Learns and applies fundamentals of tape extrusion, weaving, extrusion coating and printing
- Collaboratively develops process recipes and applies to the operation of the pilot equipment
- Produces customer samples in support of new product or market opportunities
- Executes new product design trials
- Constructs and pilots new technologies improve manufacturing capabilities and efficienciesProvides Technical Support on Projects
JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Fully understands customer need for quality and productivity
- Applies expertise in product performance to adequately support development projects and initiatives
- Balances multiple assignments across multiple projects
- Participates in field evaluations and plant scale ups when necessary
- Completes applications trials to help develop new applications techniques for OC materials
- Works effectively across the Synthetics functional groups to ensure project success
- Associate's degree is required, preferably in science or engineering. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 30% travel required
- Must understand and use basic statistics and be comfortable using a computer. A working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) required.
- It is essential to have strong data analysis skills and experience working with spreadsheets.
- Mechanical, hands-on aptitude is needed along with a natural enthusiasm.
- Experience in the laboratory and manufacturing environments.
- Training as a Six Sigma Green Belt, preferably with certification, is desirable. It is essential to have strong data analysis skills and experience working with spreadsheets
- Experience in the laboratory and manufacturing environments.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Teamwork Oriented - Self-starter who works with minimal supervision that balances multiple assignments; works effectively across technology and production groups to ensure project success
- Adaptability - ability to respond quickly to the demands of the moment. A flexible person who can stay productive when the demands of work pull in many different directions at once, maintaining effectiveness in a variety of environments.
- Accountability - knows what needs to be done and gets it done. Willingly takes responsibility for project outcomes as a whole; unafraid of owning the results, actions and decisions of self or organization. Committed to follow through to completion.
- Customer Driven: Always honors promises and treats customers the way they deserve to be treated, regardless of market conditions; and causes a brand experience that emotionally connects customers to our company.
*LI-NM1 About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
A little about us:
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology