Leads the ERP system functions for Air System Components. Develops the vision and long range planning of ERP deployment with in ASC with program writing, training and design of technology that will assist internal and external users.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Have a thorough understanding of MRP - Knowing and understanding the processes and functions of an MRP system, EDI in and out, and understanding the effects of change in other areas of the system.
- Develop a strategic long term plan or roadmap for ASC's MRP system (MacPac/AS400).
- Lead the standardization of MRP deployment/adoption across ASC facilities
- Establish and maintain ERP and configuration database as required for item masters, product structures [bills of material: EBOM (eng. BOM), MBOM (mfg. BOM), & SBOM (service BOM)].
- Integrate the PDM/PLM "Product Database Management/Product Lifecycle Management" system (Windchill) with the ERP to enable items and structures to be created in MACPAC (AS400 based system).
- EC process will be managed in the PDM/PLM system, Windchill. Items and BOMs are created in MACPAC software on the AS400 business system.
- Follow best practices and established conventions, build, update and maintain product model(s), related model documentation, rules, model structures, testing and validation of changes, and maintenance associated to engineering changes, PDP and marketing updates.
- Extract, gather, and accumulate product knowledge from the many scattered sources across the organization (people, processes, documents, and computer data).
- Formally structure the acquired knowledge using engineering documentation, tables, matrices, etc. so that it is in a clear and concise format that can be effectively evaluated, validated and developed into its logic for developing and maintaining the product model.
- Prototype, Test, Evaluate and Review: ensure that the systems consistently, accurately and efficiently achieves the expected results to guide users to appropriate and valid configurations.
- Support order flow through EDI by resolving list pricing and option issues between PLOP, AS400 and EDGE systems.
- Product programming in AS400 by adding brand products to the MACPAC system.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze and interpret engineering documentation and drawings and convert information into product logic and BOMs.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the AS400 Expert Configurator
- Have a detailed knowledge of the structure, creation, & maintenance of Sales, Pricing, & Manufacturing rule sets with AS400/MacPac
- Train new AS400/MacPac users for the Manufacturing, Procurement, Sales, Marketing, & Engineering groups
- Build user friendly programs that interface with AS400 (Product change request, Item Master entries, Vaults for drawings and specs, etc.) Work with Brand personnel to resolve coding problems or issues.
- Understand the Item Master, the item master fields, and their roles played thru the MRP system
- Have a thorough knowledge of the sales process - order entries (EDI or manual), shipments of orders, forecasting, and forecast consumption.
- Ability to establish system reports with flexibilities to accommodate multiple departments/brands. (Inventories, budgets, purchase plans, build plans, etc.)
- Have a thorough knowledge of the PO process - PO entry of blankets, or manual, PO receipts, PO error logs,
- Understand importance of a perpetual inventory and what it takes to get there. The ability to track inventory movement thru the system with transactions such as scanning, production entry, back flushing, and intercompany transfers.
- Develop new features/queries for AS400 users to improve reporting and error checking.
- Support Engineering and plants with Manufacturing orders to proper completion, shipping, and invoicing.
- Assist internal employees with system errors or issues while working to resolve MACPAC errors.
- Work with ASC IT Department to rectify system errors or problems with coding, maintenance or software usage deficiencies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors of Science Degree (B. S.) in Computer Science, Mathematics or Information Systems from an accredited four-year College or University;
- Five plus (5+) years of related experience and/or training required; strong computer programming skills to include various operating systems.
- Experience using an AS400 based ERP system for manufacturing applications, MACPAC. Two (2) years of experience in a manufacturing environment and two (2) years documentation or engineering change process experience.
- Must demonstrate the ability to analyze and interpret engineering documentation and drawings and convert information into product logic and BOMs.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Mathematical Skills
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong knowledge of AS/400, MacPac, MS Office Professional, MS Project, MS Visio, & MS Access. Experience with RPG II, COBOL, C, C++, VBA, Java, SQL, FORTRAN, MAPICS, AS/400 computer systems is required. Windchill experience preferred. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.