Proofreading high-profile, high-priority, confidential information in an extremely fast-paced environment (meeting tight deadlines without sacrificing quality). Ensure the proper grammar, spelling, syntax, and style of a variety of financial services documents. Requires incredible attention to detail, ability to use standard proofreading marks, and excellent knowledge of grammar and AP style.
Copyedit a wide variety of materials ranging from end-user documentation to e-learning scripts for soft skills training. Work assignments are a mix of routine and non-routine work. Work is reviewed primarily for end results and is performed under general guidelines.
The duties and responsibilities described below are the essential functions of the job.
- Effectively balance the usage of AP style vs. house and project-specific style sheets/guides (as warranted)
- Proofread pitch books, screen shows, Flash animation, websites, advertising materials, brochures, posters, menus, etc.
- Markup misspellings and grammatical errors
- Double-check that authors have provided all required materials/files
- Proofread/QC work
- Resolve queries directly with project manager and/or client (e.g. style/text/usage inconsistencies)
- Communicate/interact regularly with clients (in person, phone, e-mail) and teammates
- Create and/or contribute to project-specific style sheets (as warranted)
- Copyediting printed and online materials. Ensure logical document structure and tone is appropriate based on audience and stated goals
- Writing and copyediting quick reference cards
- Writing, copyediting and producing online help (TWiki) and technical manuals
- Writing business requirements and process documentation
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.