Calling All Proofreaders! Adecco Creative is searching on behalf of our client, a multilingual translation company, to provide them with top notch proofreading talent for various upcoming projects. This is a great opportunity for anyone with a flexible schedule looking for some side work, please read on if you're interested in becoming part of the roster!
- Proofreading various legal, engineering, science and medical texts that have been translated into English.
- Working in translation based applications (client will provide training).
- PC based, 90% of editing is done in MS Word. Powerpoint and Excel may also be utilized.
- The projects will vary every week and assignments will be called out via Adecco Creative on an as needed basis.
- Daytime and evening hours will be available, usually ending by 11pm.
- Weekday and weekend hours will be available.
- 2, 4, 6 and 8 hour shifts will be available.
**Please note that offsite/remote work is not permitted**
- The pay rate is $25 per hour.
- Casual, relaxed working environment (jeans are fine!).
- Door to door car service is reimbursed for any shifts ending later than 11pm.
- A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in English. Recent college grads are welcome!
- Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat/working with PDF¿s and/or desktop publishing.
- Must be PC proficient and comfortable working in MS Word. Basic knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint is needed.
- Previous proofreading experience of any kind (editorial, financial, legal, etc.).
- Previous editing and writing experience is a plus, but not required.
- Technical Writing experience is a plus but not mandatory.
- Must be detail oriented with a flexible, can-do attitude.
- The ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision when required, but able to collaborate in a team environment when necessary.
- Bilingual candidates highly encouraged!
Interested in Qualifying? Send us your resume!
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.