The World of Warcraft team is looking for a highly experienced prop art supervisor. The prop art supervisor will report to the lead prop artist and will help run aspects of the prop art team.
Your challenge will be to help keep watch over one of the most talented art teams bringing the world of Azeroth to life through props and set dressing. This role well help continue epic storytelling through the use of environments and sets. We want you to work closely with the lead prop artist, senior art director, and other department art leads to develop and push the style forward.
Our ideal candidate has extensive experience with hand painted art styles and prop / environment art leadership on one or more AAA games. We are looking for someone passionate about the World of Warcraft art style and sees ways of evolving it. You'll be part of a team that is just as excited as you are about crafting one of the largest and deepest games ever made, and together we will make World of Warcraft.Responsibilities
- Create prop concept paintings, models, textures, and other benchmark assets.
- Provide day-to-day direction for the prop art team; this includes over-painting screen captures, manipulating 3D models, and painting textures.
- Be the voice of the prop art team when the lead prop artist is not present
- Provide guidance during creative discussions with design and art leads.
- Make decisions that keep the production moving forward.
- Partner with production to ensure schedules and plans meet business needs.
- Partner with art management to ensure team is healthy and strong.
- High level of experience in hand painted textures and equivalent experience in illustration
- Understands 3D production software such as Max or Maya
- Understands real-time game development needs
- One project in a leadership position
- Able to identify, mentor, and grow talent
- Works closely with game design to ensure art enhances the player experience
- Able to explore a wide variety of ideas that push the World of Warcraft style
- Extensively played World of Warcraft
- Extensive leadership experience
- Expert understanding of Max or Maya
- Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog or online album. Physical media will not be accepted.
- An art test might be required if the work presented doesn't adequately demonstrate a similar style to World of Warcraft.
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.