Greetings, students! We're geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2017. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard Entertainment internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you're applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!Quest Objectives
The Overwatch team is seeking an intern to help create assets that help bring our environments to life. As a prop artist intern on Blizzard Entertainment's Overwatch, your talent and vision will help shape the expanding Overwatch universe. You will work closely with our concept, environment and level design team to create props that are both detail-oriented and consistent with the handcrafted art styles that our games are known for.
Intern Guild Requirements
- Use concept art and paint-overs as inspiration to create epic game assets that make our world come alive.
- Use next-gen materials, tools and pipelines to forge assets for use in the game engine.
- Iterate on game assets with production artists via prototyping and group critiques.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2017 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 - 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 22, 2017 - August 11, 2017 or June 12, 2017 - September 1, 2017 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Demonstrated experience modeling and texturing stylized art using Maya, 3dsmax, Photoshop, Zbrush, or Mudbox (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
- Strong background in traditional arts included but not limited to animation, illustration, design or traditional media
- A good understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Understanding of the distinctive Blizzard Entertainment visual style and a passion to push it to the next level
- Previously work on game projects as a prop artist or an equivalent type role.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Overwatch universe.
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We're serious about this - due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required.
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album)
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.