Acting as a dedicated resource on pursuit teams, the Proposal Center Writer is responsible for coordinating the end-to-end proposal process through focused development and preparation of proposals in response to Requests for Proposals (RFPs). The proposal writer will work with business unit subject matter experts (i.e. bid teams) to develop specific response-focused, technically accurate content. This position is also responsible for managing multiple bid pursuit assignments through the entire proposal development lifecycle, including proposal site set-up and repository maintenance, managing proposal drafts and presentation decks, market research, and directing the production of the final proposal copy.
The select candidate shall be capable of reviewing multiple RFP solicitations while supporting sales, client service, and legal teams in writing, coordinating, and delivering winning proposals. Qualifications
Skill sets required include:
- Skilled in needs identification and planning to define business objectives, understand scope and technical requirements, and achieve desired results.
- Managing the project from initiation through delivery, including scheduling (and participating in) kick-off meetings to discuss response strategy, drafting, editing and polishing response documents to illustrate competitive edge and common voice.
- Proactive, solution-oriented, and able to work at a highly-detailed level in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to navigate through a complex organization.
- Able to network and collaborate with business unit stakeholders to influence and impact requirements related to proposal development.
- Able to re-write/content-edit technical information received from the pursuit team.
- Ability to work on multiple proposals simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of federal government acquisition, solicitation, RFP process or other relevant experience in pursuit management is desired.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to support proposal efforts that meet Firm branding, marketing, and legal standards.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Excellent organization and time-management skills to keep pace with energetic sales and client service teams.
- Prior experience in professional services environment, specifically public accounting and consulting is desired.
- Assistance with other proposal projects as required.
The ideal candidate must have the following:
- A minimum of 3-5 years professional proposal writing experience for commercial, consulting, and/or Government RFPs.
- Extensive on-the-job experience would be beneficial.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Admin/Technical Writing, or related field- preferred but not required
Visit Crowecareers.com and find out what it's like to work with people who love what they do!
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values®,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.
A little about us:
Crowe Horwath LLP is a public accounting, consulting and technology firm dedicated to connecting specialized knowledge with innovative technology to bring value to our clients.