What you’ll be doing...
The Proposal Consultant position provides a high level of support to clients in the Multi-area/National Business-to-Business and Verizon Enterprise Solutions channels by project managing various RFx (e.g., Requests for Proposals, Requests for Quotes or Requests for Information). Managing the RFx includes establishing a response strategy with Sales, setting timeframes for delivery of custom SME content and finance approvals, preparing, drafting, and revising RFx response documents, as well as securing all applicable approvals and legal review for submission of a formal RFx response to the Customer on-time.
- The selected candidate must have a strong background in proposal preparation that demonstrates strong writing and communication skills, attention to detail, and commitment to meet all due dates in a Customer RFx. In addition, the candidate must have excellent project management skills and interpersonal management skills to maintain an effective working relationship with customers, colleagues, and various internal subject matter experts.
- In this position, the Proposal Consultant develops and prepares time sensitive and accurate responses to formal Customer–issued complex and/or lengthy RFx for wireless services. These Customers may be potential new accounts or existing enterprise corporate customers, with particular emphasis on larger strategic accounts, data services opportunities and collaborative opportunities involving affiliates or unrelated business entities. These RFx may also include both wireline and wireless services, requiring close coordination with Verizon Business to produce Joint Responses.
- The Proposal Consultant must develop and maintain expertise on Verizon Wireless voice, data, machine to machine and the Internet of Things services offerings; assist in providing expanded content for the RFx content database that contains legally vetted content on Verizon Wireless capabilities, processes, programs, as well as wireless voice & data services and devices. The Proposals Consultant will also support other related proposal management projects or assignments as required.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
- Two or more years of recent proposal or technical document writing experience.
- Experience working with various on-line RFP portal.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint knowledge.
- General Knowledge and understanding of legal terms.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree preferred
- Legal/business experience
- Experience with live auction RFP portals
- Experience with preliminary legal document drafting
- Experience interpreting complex contract and RFx requirements
- Knowledge of telecommunication industry concepts
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.