Eaton Hydraulics has an opening for a Proposals Manager located in Eden Prairie, MN. The Proposal Manager will plan, lead or coordinate writing, documentation, and production activities associated with the preparation of highly complex proposals; research and review relevant background material to understand customer proposal requirements and ensure on-time submittal and compliance; helps identify the required team to create the proposal and leads the team throughout the proposal process.
Essential Functions include:
Develop and implement world class processes for proposal management.
Lead the creation and submittal of proposals for new business growth, new product development, long-term and customer/partnership agreements.
Assemble proposal strategy meetings to discuss themes, effective storyboarding, solutions, and pricing.
Collaborate with the capture team to gain an appropriate understanding of the sales strategy and to ensure the response clearly conveys the proper business perspective, key messages, value proposition, and competition differentiators.
Liaise between Sales, Manufacturing Operations, Product Division, Finance and internal functions to ensure the on-time delivery of proposals.
Establish, report, and drive improvement and accountability for metrics related to proposal activities including overall turn-around time (TAT), win rate, and on-time completion to requested customer dates (OTTR).
Manage and communicate proposal status, key milestones, and post-proposal analysis to the proposal team, management, and sales organization.
Assist Sales Operations team and the Company’s overall effectiveness and efficiency through active participation in individual or team project assignments.
Continually seek improvement in processes and procedures that will ultimately improve the proposal turn-around time and quality of Hydraulic offerings, with the ultimate goal of improving hit rate and generating more business.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institute.
- Minimum of five years’ work experience in customer service, sales, marketing/product management, pricing and/or engineering.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Master’s degree from an accredited institute.
- Project or proposals management certification (APMP, PMP, etc.)
- Broad knowledge of the hydraulics market, customers and competitors.
- Advanced teaming, problem-solving, process mindset, negotiation, and time management skills.
- Ability to influence others and navigate a highly matrixed organization to achieve objectives.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.