Protocol and Data Stack Software Engineer Job Description
This position will be responsible for the design, development, integration and testing of CDMA Protocol stack software, including cdma2000, EVDO, EHRPD modules as well as the design, development, Radio Link protocols, MAC layers, IP layer, and interface with host/AP
Additional responsibilities include:
- Design, development, integration and testing of Global Multimode
- interworking of CDMA with 3gpp systems, including LTE, WCDMA, GERAN, TD-CDMA.
- Maintenance and bug fixing of existing protocol and data stack software, for customer projects and internal lab testings.
- Provide customer support especially for real time embedded software related issues on customer platforms
- Work with customer during customer lab integration, interoperability testing and carrier certification testing
- Design and implement major components and/or subsystems of Intel's wireless communication application
- Consult with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system
- Analyze software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Modify software code as needed to meet design specifications and resolve related problems in the implementation of new software
Minimum Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field with 5-10 years working experience in the wireless industry
- Experience with CDMA 1X, EVDO, EHRPD, LTE, UTRAN, GSM, TDS protocol stack
- CDMA data stack, including Radio Link protocols, MAC layer protocols experience desired
- IP protocols (PPP, IP, TCP, UDP, FTP, HTTP, ROHC, TLS) highly desired
Inside this Business Group
- Ability to learn new things quickly-Ability to troubleshoot problems efficiently
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to initiate new ideas and creative solutions
- Ability to provide technical leadership
Communication & Devices Group: The wireless revolution at Intel! We are one team - passionate engineers and technologists from diverse industry backgrounds working together to realize a world of connected computing. We are bringing the best ideas from the brightest minds to deliver future mobile experiences into the market. We are on the journey towards making Intel a wireless leader with exciting products for the Internet of Things, 5G and an opportunity to change the world with your work. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.