Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a PSI Machinist that will be based out of West Chester, PA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The PSI Machinist will:
• Maintain the flow, throughput and quality of all Patient Specific Implants and to ensure customer deadlines are met. This includes producing all samples, functional check pieces and devices, and maintaining all related equipment and databases. Equipment includes, but not limited to, 3 axis CNC mills, band saw, laser etcher, ultrasonic cleaners, corn cob blast, and hand deburring tools.
• Set up and operation of diverse types of equipment.
• Produce parts in accordance to the approved work instructions.
• Maintain PSI database for all incoming and outgoing devices, adequate in-house inventory and accurate cycle count of all raw material.
• Program, operate and maintain all PSI equipment.
• Responsible for maintaining the incoming queue for all PSI rapid prototype requests.
• Performs in process quality checks and preventative maintenance
• Must be able to optimize production by performing secondary work on a PSI work orders, such as band saw, laser etcher, ultrasonic cleaners, corn cob blast, and hand deburring tools.
• Provide input to the cell lead and supervisor to resolve quality problems and improve cell operation.
• Stays on tasks within the cell to help meet or beat the team’s production requirements.
• Performs additional duties as assigned.
• Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest level of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
• Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor and the Chief Compliance Officer.
• High School Diploma or equivalent is required
• A minimum of 4 years of related experience is required
• Degree from a trade school or tech School is preferred
• Strong math skills working knowledge of metrics is required
• Senior machinist with CNC programming experience is preferred
• Previous machine shop experience with CNC mills is required
• Familiarity with CNC programming is required
• Work experience performing programming, trouble-shooting, set-up, and operation of various types of CNC equipment is preferred.
• CAD/CAM and/or Mastercam experience is preferred
• Must be organized, detail oriented and computer savvy
• Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills necessary for training others on PSI processes
• Willing to adjust work hours as needed to meet customer deadlines is required
This position requires daily commute to West Chester, PA for the 2nd shift position.
United States-Pennsylvania-West ChesterOrganization
Synthes USA Products, LLC (6317)Job Function